- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $150,000.00 - $200,000.00 gross per year
- New York City
- Recruit, retain, and develop great engineers who form strong teams capable of learning and growing as we scale.
- Develop the managers on your team through coaching, mentoring, and performance management.
- Play a hands-on role with the engineering organization, maintain a personal presence and be highly visible in the team process and accept responsibility for project performance, all while driving and maintaining a standard of excellence.
- Build a performance driven Engineering team; setting the tone through strategic planning and clear, effective communication of initiatives, objectives, issues, and performance including developing and implementing organizational metrics to drive results and positive behavior.
- Provide technology leadership to business leaders on all engineering-related issues.
- - Offer product guidance by leading staff to research, resolve, and respond to users regarding overall product and technical issues.
- 5+ years professional software development experience
- 5+ additional background successfully building and leading early stage B2B startups from 0 to 50+ engineers in a Director-level and up capacity.
- Consistent track record managing and leading a highly skilled engineering team in a rapidly growing environment.
Your team's success is
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for creating a top-notch production environment and establishing and refining the processes that enable it
- Familiarity with application architecture, instrumentation, security, APIs, typical large financial systems dealing with queuing, caching and batching, ETL systems, data normalization and integration challenges, Agile development, Docker, Git, & Jira
- Functional Scala/Akka, Node.js, React, Postgres, AWS, application security fundamentals, etc.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills are a must
- Computer Science related degree or equivalent work experience required
- Financial services experience, experience in the retirement field would be ideal
- ms project