- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Centerstone, our mission is delivering care that changes people’s lives. For over 60 years, Centerstone has been providing community-based behavioral health care, substance-abuse treatment and intellectual and developmental disabilities services in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. We’re committed to bringing passionate and customer experience-focused individuals to help us continue to provide the best care to our communities. If you think you’re a good match to join our organization, please review the career opportunity below and submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Under moderate supervision, receives all incoming calls from potential clients and assesses these calls for content, applicability to CKY programs, urgency, lethality, need for pharmaceutical intervention and financial payor source.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Provides telephone screening for people who call CKY Access System.
Determines client eligibility for services and verifies coverage.
Maintains and uses written clinical criteria.
Assesses callers for emergency risk; performs triage.
Schedules and reschedules initial appointments.
Documents clients’ presenting problems and demographic data.
Enters client information into CMHC Request for Service database.
Ensures compliance with Access standards (e.g. routine appointment scheduled within seven days).
Consults with team members and other CKY staff regarding clinical situations with specific clients.
Provides information about community resources.
Maintains monthly report data relating to numbers of calls taken, appointments scheduled, and referrals made.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Services, Human Behavior Sciences or related field of study.
- Minimum of one year experience in social services.
- Crisis counseling experience a plus but not required.
- Thorough knowledge of principles, procedures, and treatment of mental health disorders, psychology, social services, and crisis intervention.
- Knowledge of all services provided by CKY and affiliates.
- Proficient word processing/data entry skills.
- Strong computer knowledge and skills essential.
- Strong communication skills
- Basic office support abilities such as filing, record keeping, etc.
- Position has no unusual physical demands.
- May involve discomforts associated with modestly unpleasant situations.
- Occasional minor discomforts from the continual use of a video display terminal.
Within the bounds of their respective job descriptions, all staff are expected to exercise principle-centered leadership, focused on customer service responsiveness, with a continuous quality improvement orientation. Additionally, all staff are expected to develop a working knowledge of and follow all policies and procedures related to safety management and other Joint Commission standards.
- Establish rapport
- Determine readiness for change
- Determine treatment priorities
- Explain client rights, responsibilities, and obligations
- Properly assess clients to build appropriate treatments
- Adhere to laws, regulations, ethical codes, procedures
- Meet productivity expectations
- Utilize needs/problems list to develop individualized goals
- Assess client’s progress
- Identify appropriate resources
- Assess risk to self and others
- Coordinate medical and psychiatric care
- Knowledgeable on medication-assisted therapy
- Deliver trauma-informed treatment
- Understand development milestones (for those who serve children and youth)
Delivering Care that Changes People's Lives starts with our employees. As a Centerstone employee there are many perks to enjoy. Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for with Centerstone.
- Health & Wellness
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability - Company Paid
- Wellness Programs - Company Paid
- Financial Wellbeing
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Life Insurance - Company Paid
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance - Company Paid
- 403b Retirement Plan with Company Funded Matching
- Retirement and Financial Planning Services
- Employee Discounts including Dell Computers, Verizon Wireless, Liberty Mutual, Costco, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Loan Forgiveness options through federal programs (National Health Service Corps & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
- Career Development and Growth
- At Centerstone training is one of our highest priorities. We provide company paid professional training for various skills, certifications, and continuing education
- Opportunities for growth and movement - We encourage our employees to consider new growth opportunities with us and have a 5 state footprint for those looking to relocate geographically
- Leadership Academy for our rising stars, supervisors, and leaders
- Centerstone Research Institute and Center for Clinical Excellence teach provide staff with industry best practices and processes
- Work Life Balance
- Paid Time Off - Generous PTO for Vacations, Illness, Personal Days, Etc. (Paid Holidays)
- Flexible Work Schedules to promote a Healthy Work Life Balance
- Employee Assistance Program - assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or protected veteran status.
- customer service
About the company
Centerstone is a not-for-profit health care organization dedicated to delivering care that changes people’s lives. We provide mental health care, addiction treatment and community education in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee.
Nationally, we have specialized programs for service members, veterans and their loved ones. Our research institute improves behavioral healthcare through research and technology, and our foundation secures philanthropic resources to support our work.