- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Role Title: Citrix Architect
Location: Greenbelt, MD
YOE: 5 years or more as a Lead VDI (Citrix) Systems Engineer on a Large-Scale Mission Critical System or Systems Development and Integration Program
- Must possess either a master's degree + 12 years' experience / a bachelor's degree + 14 years' experience / or an associate degree + 16 years' experience / or a High School Diploma/GED + 18 years' experience Minimum
• Provide engineering leadership and subject matter expertise in the evaluation, development, and documentation of the remote location requirements.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
Participates in special projects as required
• Build and maintain product and service standards for VDI capabilities that align with technology strategies Assist in the development of requirements, design specifications, and security considerations for the field office physical architecture.
• Provide network requirements for remote offices to support business and operational activities (e.g., data networks, backbone/core networks, storage networks, software defined networking, and interoperability with IPv4 and IPv6, external connectivity to cloud)
• Support assigned portfolios as the domain's lead "go to " contact around project pipeline, innovation and escalation, especially understanding and interpreting business requirements, and translating them into architecture, designs, and technical specifications.
• Collaborate with TCO to design network services (e.g., DNS, DHCP, IP Management) which integrate with existing BCC network services
• Provide network services, desktop services, office print services, and shared services needed to support the operations.
• Provide a design for replica remote office production environments which simulate the environments found at remote offices for testing purposes
• Implement and maintain remote office replica of production environments (e.g., Regional Census Center (RCC), Area Census Office (ACO), and Data Capture Centers)
- Assist in the assessment of the current state of the office services architecture/design.
• Lead the definition of the direction and strategy for office services architecture/design to ensure the operational needs are being addressed against aggressive schedules.
• Oversee end to end System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of office services architecture/design through to system deployment and operations.
• Provide expertise in various areas including Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI), Desktop as a Service, Wide Area Network (WAN) Networking, High Availability and COOP, Office WiFi, Voice over IP (VoIP), etc.
• Lead the development of action plans to design and implement solutions required to meet the 2020 office computing environment requirements
• Designs and documents Office Services architecture and associated designs by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
• Provide enhancements or improvements to Office Services architecture by studying current designs and determining areas for improvement.
• Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
• Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
• Maintains system protocols, architecture, requirements, and associated design documents by enforcing traceability, updating procedures, analyzing system and program changes.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
• The Offices Services Architect is expected to design all physical architectures on all remote locations as part of the 2020 Census, including:
- Regional Census Centers (RCC)
- Area Census Offices (ACO)
• Puerto Rico Census Area Office
- Other designated locations as necessary
Minimum Required Skills/Experience: · 5 years or more as a Lead VDI (Citrix) Systems Engineer on a Large-Scale Mission Critical System or Systems Development and Integration
Program to include:
• Proven experience designing virtual desktop infrastructures (specifically leveraging Citrix XenDesktop, VMware ESXi hypervisor) in large-scale global environments
• Proven experience managing virtual desktop infrastructures (specifically leveraging Citrix XenDesktop, VMware ESXi hypervisor) in large-scale global environments.
• Proven hands on experience with implementing and supporting virtual desktop infrastructures including Citrix XenDesktop 7.x and VMware ESXi 6.x
• Virtualized software delivery platforms such as Citrix XenApp and layering products such as Citrix App Layering and Persona Management solutions such as Citrix User Profile manager
• Broad knowledge of data and infrastructure technologies such as SAN, VMware, Blade, and Active Directory
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks and methods
• Strong written/verbal communication and client facing skills.
Preferred Skills: OBTAINED ONE OF Certifications or relevant industry Certification
Technical certifications a plus:
- • VMware VCP, VCA-DTM, Microsoft MCSA, Cloud computing Experience with converged and hyper converged infrastructure Familiarity with desktop support and problem resolution Familiarity with various storage platforms used for VDI Ability to lead projects teams
If interested Please share your Updated resume at or call at