- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- South Bend
This position can be based in Redmond or Everett
Otak, Inc. is seeking to hire a Senior Civil Project Engineer for our Redmond or Everett office. This position will work on a wide variety of projects throughout the Puget Sound region including municipal roadway, transit, grading, drainage, utility, and civic projects for various clients. This person will be working on multi-disciplinary projects and using engineering judgment to transform design concepts into construction drawings and technical specifications. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with an enthusiastic, team-oriented attitude.
What you’ll do:
- Performsdesign services related to roadway and site layout, grading, drainage, utilities, and erosion control in conformance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Preparesconstruction plans using AutoCAD/Civil 3D.
- Preparesspecifications and cost estimates.
- Plansand coordinatesprojects with limited supervision.
- Assists in assigning duties and schedules to team members.
- Provides project design team supervision.
- Assists with project management duties including the preparation and monitoring of scope, schedule, and budget.
- Assists with business development activities including client outreach and proposal preparation.
- Provides construction support services. What you bring:
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience as a Civil Engineer, with an emphasis on transportation, public infrastructure, drainage, utilities, site development, and civic projects for municipal and private clients.
- Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent education is required.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in WA is required.
- Demonstrated experience with AutoCAD/Civil 3D.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a creative, professional, team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
About the company