- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Private Client Coverage
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19024264
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Brief Description of the Organization CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
Description of the Position
The Client Account Officer is responsible for ensuring a quick and seamless onboarding and account opening experience for our clients. Our ultimate goal is to exceed our clients' expectations by constantly innovating to improve the onboarding and account opening processes.
• Onboard new client relationships and additional members by completing client risk profiles and process relationship updates using Citi onboarding applications
• Process account opening or maintenance requests in a timely manner
• Liaise with downstream partners until requests are completed and maintain constant communication with banking team partners
• Ensure all documentation received is current, accurate and complete.
• Partner with KnowYourClient (KYC) Teams, the Account Opening division, and other product partners to ensure expedient, efficient and seamless processing
• Provide the highest level of customer service and teamwork to Banking teams and other internal partners
• Continuously innovate by analyzing our onboarding processes and systems to ensure we are as efficient and effective as possible
• Engage with technology to design, build, and test new or updated applications
• Develop in depth knowledge of onboarding/account opening processes, forms, and requirements.
• Build strong relationships with Bankers, Associate Bankers, KYC Specialists, and other key partners
• Learn how to multi-task, prioritize, and execute with the highest quality
• Sharpen core client service skills by always exceeding internal and external clients' expectations
• Develop teamwork and leadership skills which can position the CAO to aim for Team Lead or management roles.
• Develop innovation and project management skills by being engaged in various initiatives to constantly improve the onboarding and account opening processes
• Self-motivated, proactive, and eager to improve existing processes
• Extremely detail oriented
• Excellent team player
• Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work well under pressure
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• 1-5 years of experience in the financial industry preferred
• Client facing experience, preferably in the financial services industry
• Strong interest in the fields of operations and compliance
• Ability to establish relationships and partner effectively with various groups
• Highest level of integrity with regards to franchise and client confidentiality
• Proficiency in utilizing MS Office and Web based applications
- customer service
- ms project