- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- West Bloomfield Township
Job Location: United States: Bloomfield: Connecticut
Role Value Proposition:
Global Technology & Operations (GTO) includes over 17,000 associates across 42 countries Service our customers in operations and global customer call centers where we deliver global support services, including global real estate, global corporate security, and global innovation. Responsible for establishing, maintaining and enhancing relationships between an operations organization and assigned distribution channels. Serve as a primary contact within an operation unit for assigned distribution channels to provide trouble shooting and problem solving expertise.
- Successfully communicates status of audits affecting billing to internal business partners. Lead all escalated billing audit items to completion, driving internal business partners to ensure 100% of defined audit deadlines are met and escalations resolved, where applicable.
- Ensure all rules of engagement are adhered to during the audit process including audit item receipt acknowledgements and proactive status updates
- Work very closely with our offshore billing partners on processes, documentation, and overall review of current reporting. Also serves as key contact to Operations Manager on complex issues and projects.
- Performs functions critical to the accuracy of billing for assigned group customers including: daily review and analysis of error reports; suspense management; billing vs remit discrepancies; billing master schedule updates; final bill hold review and release; eligibility updates and identification of D&U.
- Conducts proactive outreach to group customers regarding payment discrepancies, misdirected payments, cash received without backup, missing remits, missing payments and/or overpayments. Offers situation specific alternatives and solutions to assist customers.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- High School Diploma.
- 3+ years of business-related experience
- Demonstrated customer service skills with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing. Experience handling pressure situations with professionalism.
- Math problem solving skills, including attention to detail, analytical thinking and decisiveness.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior billing experience including reconciliations and payroll processing.
- Experience working with partners overseas.
- Experience with insurance/financial systems.
Number of Openings
“At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.