- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- UNITED STATES - ILLINOIS - ABBOTT PARK
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
JOB DESCRIPTION:Job Summary:
Working under general direction, provides clinical leadership across the division by developing, coaching, and building CRM clinical competence within the division, and responds to more complex field inquiries from physicians, health care professionals, patients, and field sales staff, involving CRM products. Performs work that involves a high degree of independence. Identifies and routinely uses the most effective, cost efficient and best business practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness. Exercises independent judgment in planning, organizing and performing work; monitors performance and reports status to manager.
- Acts as the division’s senior most clinical CRM resource, responsible for developing talent in CRM clinical competence and leadership across both clinical and sales teams.
- Demonstrates a thorough command of all CRM products, techniques, trends, and competitive technologies. Provides insight, guidance, and feedback to management on market feedback and components of next generation of products.
- Provides additional back-up support to CRM Sales Representatives in the following areas:
- Sales support; Customized Education Visits/Physician Feedback Sessions in regional training centers Regional training seminars; Clinical studies/data collection; trouble shooting; and new product in-service training to physicians, nurses and sales representatives.
- Mentors and provides leadership to CRM clinical support teams.
- Coordinates CRM case coverage as needed.
- Continuously develops engineering, sales and technical skills relative to the overall Arrhythmia Management strategy, including learning opportunities via Sr. Sales personnel and FCEs.
- Partners with marketing organization to develop marketing data and resources to be used for employee and customer education.
- Assists Training and Education departments with advanced educational seminars, and the preparation of educational materials.
- Assists Sales with advanced product demonstrations to visiting physicians and sales personnel.
- Assists Research and Development with projects focused on new product development, testing, validation, and collecting physician feedback.
- Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise, regulatory requirements, and a good working knowledge of company and competitor products, markets, and objectives as well as industry trends.
- Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence.
- Performs related functions and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Bio-Medical Engineering or related field required. Must obtain SJM Brady, Tachy, CRT, certification within 12 months of hire. Requires at least five years’ experience in a clinical role and/or increasingly responsible experience in the cardiac pacing or related industries. Prior experience with coaching, development, and education of clinical resources in cardiac business preferred. Familiarity with cath lab and operating room procedures and protocol. Demonstrated advanced knowledge of cardiac pacing systems is also necessary. Must apply engineering skills and abilities to interpret and solve complex pacing ECG’s. Must have comprehensive written and verbal communication, interpersonal, presentation, analytical, organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines. Must have the ability to concentrate on detail and work independently. Must be able to work effectively with engineers, technical specialists, vendors, and customers to achieve assigned goals; must be capable of coordinating multiple assignments simultaneously and effectively. Must possess comprehensive personal computer skills (experience with Microsoft Office or equivalent required) in graphics, word-processing, databases, authoring programs, etc., to develop presentation materials.
JOB FAMILY:Sales Support & Administration
DIVISION:CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
LOCATION:United States of America : Remote
TRAVEL:Yes, 25 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.