- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Francisco
Since 1941, Vitalant (formerlyknown as Blood Centers of the Pacific) has proudly served as a leader in theblood banking industry. We are a globally-recognized leader in bloodtransfusion medicine.
Working at Vitalant is more than a job, it is a chance to bepart of something bigger than yourself. If you are inspired to make an impactand are passionate about playing a vital role in our dedicated team, then weencourage you to consider a career at Vitalant.
Our shared mission to save and improvethe lives of others is our greatest strength. Every day, we empower others toact on their urge to help. We are inspired by ordinary people doingextraordinary things.
Under limited direction, this position is responsible for managing the overall activities and providing skilled technical oversight in the laboratory. Works with other team members to ensure timely, quality, test results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Hires, supervises, trains, and evaluates performance of assigned personnel. Identifies and effectively resolves personnel issues.
- Oversees all testing procedures (including quality control testing) to ensure compliance with practices, regulations, and/or any agreements/contracts.
- Reviews and updates policies, protocols, and procedure manuals to ensure compliance with policies and accrediting agencies.
- Maintains statistical information and reports of test data and quality control. Prepares activity reports and interprets, prepares and distributes statistical data regarding the laboratory. Ensures corrective action is implemented and brings issues to the attention of management.
- Identifies and resolves problems related to equipment, computer software and hardware, test systems, reagent and technical issues within area(s) of responsibility. Ensures appropriate preventive maintenance and repair is performed on all technical equipment.
- Manages the ongoing technical and professional development of staff.
- with management of the design, evaluation, implementation, and ongoing improvement of new testing methods, clinical evaluations and research projects, to increase efficiency.
- Is responsible for oversight of supply and reagent inventory.
- Leads or participates on process improvement teams.
- Assists with developing and monitoring assigned budget.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Must satisfy CLIA requirements for High Complexity Testing required.
- Immunohematology Reference Laboratory (IRL)
- Specialist in Blood Banking (SBB) certification required.
- CA CLS/MT required.
- Seven years clinical laboratory experience required. To include:
- Three years supervisory experience.
- Previous supervisory experience and experience in molecular techniques, immunohematology/IRL techniques, automated testing preferred.
- Ability to promote a work team environment and participate as an active team member.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Good supervisory skills with the ability to effectively utilize and develop personnel to execute job tasks.
- Must be able to make sound decisions and work well under pressure.
- Ability to analyze situations and take appropriate action which may be under strict deadlines. Capable of handling responsibility for timely volume of component production.
- Ability to conceptualize computer software applications and computer equipment automation.
- Ability to comprehend and apply clinical laboratory procedures and theory.
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to retrieve data.
* Vitalant is an equal opportunity employer.
Our organization is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to (see below) or call 1-844-220-2612 to let us know the nature of your request. A representative will respond to accommodation requests within two business days. Please note that this email/phone number is for medical/disability accommodations only and any other inquiries will not receive a response.
Please see the below information about applicant rights and our commitment to compliance:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Company's established guidelines. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we willconsider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.