- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 957 inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. In fiscal year 2018, Duke University Hospital admitted 42,916 patients and had 1,085,740 outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017.
U.S News & World Report named Duke University Hospital #1 in North Carolina and #1 in the Raleigh-Durham area in 2018-19.
Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20 nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and heart surgery, nephrology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet® organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognizedeach year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Clinical Nurse II– Duke University Hospital - Pediatric Cardiac Cath Lab
Duke University Health System- Duke University Hospital seeks to hire an experienced Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
The Pediatric Cardiac Cath Lab at Duke University Hospital is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time.
Applicant will have the opportunity to work in a state-of-the-art pediatric and congenital cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology lab. Procedure rooms due to be completely renovated this year. Excellent team of nurses and techs dedicated to the care of patients with adult and congenital heart disease.
Pediatric experience preferred.
Work Hours & Shifts:
Full Time: Procedural start time is 7 am. Regular procedures scheduled Monday through Friday. No scheduled weekends or holidays.
Four 10-hour shifts.
Participate in call rotation for weekends and holidays.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
· Previous work experience (1+ years) as a clinical nurse is required.
· Graduation from an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program is required.
All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
· Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
· BLS (or higher) certification required.
· Professional specialty certification (preferred).
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.