- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Colorado Springs
DescriptionUNIVERSITYOF COLORADO DENVER
Centerfor Lungs and Breathing
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeksindividuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning andworking environment. We value the ability to engage effectively withstudents, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Nature of Work: This is a 100% FTE position for aClinical Research Coordinator (Professional Research Assistant) in the Centerfor Lungs and Breathing (CLB) at University of Colorado Hospital. Thisfull-time position will assist in conducting clinical trials and researchprojects for the CLB Program.
Supervision: This position will report to theSenior Research Coordinator and the Medical Director of the CLB and will workwith collaborating investigators and project managers as well as clinical andresearch personnel in the CLB.
Areas of Responsibility: Clinical Research Development
- Serving as the clinical research coordinator for industry sponsored and investigator-initiated clinical trials
- Assisting in the Maintenance of a clinical research specimen bio-repository
- Other projects as assigned
Research Regulatory Management
- Assist with all regulatory activities required to implement and maintain the clinical research endeavors as part of the CLB.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Collaborating with principal investigators, co-investigators to enroll clinical trial patients
- Conducting study visits
- Overall compliance with the policy and procedures for conducting good clinical trials
- Screening, consenting and enrolling study participants
- Collecting, processing and storing samples for research
- Medication compliance tracking and coordinating protocol procedures
- Collect and report all patient reported adverse drug reactions and other serious adverse events
- Patient education and follow-up per protocol guidelines
- Routine meetings with monitors to reconcile data management issues
- Participation in investigator’s meetings
- Preparing and submitting compliance documentation for the institutional review board
- Submission to the Human Research Subjects Portal for UCH-RSS review and approval
- Maintenance of databases
- Abstracting data from patient charts and electronic medical records
- Service in the following areas:
- Clinical Research Advisory Forum (RAF)
- Clinical Research Coordinators Committee (CRC)
- Support with local PH awareness and fundraising event
Salary andBenefits: The hiring salary isnegotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtimecompensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information onUniversity benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campusis dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff,students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct backgroundinvestigations for all prospective employees.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons withdisabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.
TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations:
The Universityof Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting andsupporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. Theuniversity strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Coloradois committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or equivalent education and work experience
- Prefer a minimum of two years’ experience with coordinating and managing administrative and clinical research activities.
- Advanced computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel, PeopleSoft, and COGNOS.
- Knowledge and experience with IRB policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail essential.
- Demonstrated experience with creating and maintaining clinical research projects and clinical trials
- Ability to multi-task
- This position requires a high level of proficiency with computers and use of Microsoft Access, Excel, Outlook, Word, and other University and Departmental systems as required.
Knowledge, Skills, andAbilities:
- Requires independent judgment as well as self-directed work capabilities.
- This position requires extensive experience with managing multiple projects and someone who can effectively multi-task
- Ability to establish work priorities and handle multiple deadlines.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and documents and maintain strict confidentiality in all HIPAA matters
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to use various computer systems and software applications.
- Ability to initiate and maintain effective lines of communication with other areas/departments/sponsors
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Dec 3, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing