- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK US
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By harnessing the power of hybrid cloud data services, customers gain the freedom of choice to securely manage and move data – anywhere, on any cloud. Only NetApp can help organizations deliver data-rich customer experiences when they rapidly test and deploy new applications that easily use data and services regardless of where they reside or in what form.
Are you passionate about data? Do you want to help people realize its full potential in a brave new multi-cloud native world?
NetApp is looking for a talented Product Manager that thrives as part of a high-performance team tasked with finding creative solutions to the most profound data challenges customers face.
You are a true owner, expected to drive business success by defining and optimizing the product and services portfolio through analysis and understanding of target markets, market trends, new technology, customer business issues and the competitive environment.
You apply your broad knowledge of the cloud, cloud practices and NetApp’s capabilities with in-depth analysis of the market and our market position to create and expand our portfolio of products and solution alternatives. You work closely with product development to create products and validate early product definitions with customers. You use your technical expertise and extensive industry experience to formulate product strategies and identify new product opportunities. You are responsible for developing relationships and plans with relevant teams internally and externally to address customer needs while increasing revenue and expanding market share.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of private and public cloud services and market trends
- Knowledge of new technologies like containers and business practices like DevOps
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; presentation, customer service, business, and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work both independently and lead cross functional teams
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas
- Marketing experience in the technology industry
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities
- Excellent understanding of NetApp's products and services technologies/concepts in a distributed environment
- The tasks this individual is responsible for are often unstructured, have wide implications and there are multiple outcomes
- This individual will apply broad expertise or unique technical/industry knowledge in solving problems that are unique and extremely complex given time, budget and resource constraints
- Demonstrate leadership and vision in determining and driving strategy decisions
- The individual should have a sense of ownership for the business and be the champion for the services
- This individual must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties
- Limited supervision is provided, as this individual can operate, drive results, and set priorities independently
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through leadership and influencing multiple individuals and groups
- Often acts as mentor or facilitator.
Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5 years experience; or equivalent experience.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled