- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will provide exceptional technical guidance to customers adopting Google Cloud Platform services. You will provide best practices on secure foundational cloud implementations, automated provisioning of infrastructure and applications, cloud-ready application architectures, and more. You will provide prescriptive guidance in ensuring customers receive the best of what Google Cloud Platform (GCP) can offer and you will ensure that customers have the best experience in migrating, building, modernizing, and maintaining applications in Google Cloud Platform. Additionally, you will work closely with Product Management and Product Engineering to drive excellence in Google Cloud products and features.
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience designing, building, and deploying scalable cloud-based solution architectures.
- Experience communicating technical concepts to audiences.
- Experience working with and managing external partners/customers.
- Experience automating infrastructure provisioning, DevOps, and/or continuous integration/delivery.
- Knowledge of containerization and container orchestration technologies such as Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE).
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as identity and access management, data protection, encryption, certificate and key management.
- Work with customers to design Cloud based technical architectures, migration approaches, and application optimizations that enable business objectives.
- Be technical advisor and perform troubleshooting to resolve technical challenges for customers.
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, and sample code.
- Travel 30% of the time as required.
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate