- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Cloud Native Pivotal Sr. Developer The team
Our Cloud Engineering team focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of: Cloud Strategy, Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development, Cloud Integration & APIs, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, and Cloud Managed Services. We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience, and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
- Mastery of Cloud Native architecture, development, and deployment on public clouds - AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, Marathon, etc) - strategy, design, scheduling, orchestration, and deployments
- Microservices development, management, and orchestration
- Monolithic - Microservices decomposition strategy & implementation
- Cloud Native PaaS and Serverless (BaaS, FaaS) architecture, limitations, and implementation
- CI/CD build and configuration (Jenkins, Git, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform)
- Strong programing/scripting background (Java/Springboot, .Net, NodeJS, Python)
- Cloud migration - refactorization & re-architecture for databases and applications
- Cloud native database integration & optimization (DynamoDB, AWS RDS, Datastore, CosmosDB)
- Cloud native optimization for reducing costs, increasing performance, efficiency, HA, scalability, and elasticity
- Willing to travel 80% (Monday - Thursdays)
Preferred skills & experiences
- Architecture certifications - AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Bachelors Degree in Computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years' experience developing applications
- Experience working within Agile, Scrum, or SAFe methodologies
- Experience estimating and road-mapping enterprise-scale software development projects
- Experience working within an onshore-offshore model
- Strong communication & presentation skills with ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Willing and able to learn new technologies and industry trends for cloud computing
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center .
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATCSRCAE006-CBO
- - - - - -