- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Wichita Falls
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Senior Living, you will have the opportunity to administerprescribed medications to patients under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse (LPN)/(LVN) and maintains related medical records.
- Presents medication to patient and observes ingestion or administers medication using specified procedures.
- Takes vital signs or observes patient to detect response to medication, and reports reactions.
- Restocks medication inventories.
- May provide direct patient care. Assures resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate. What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Medication Aideobtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- DiplomaHigh school diploma or GED preferred Work Experience:
- None required.
About the company