- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Welcome to the Chris Jensen Health and Rehabilitation Center. The care and service we provide is guided by five core values: hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect and humor, resulting in a vibrant care community focused on the dignity, rights and individual capacity of each person.
Residents come to us at challenging times in their lives – following surgery or an extended hospital treatment, or after events have altered their lives at home. We understand the personal impact caused by significant life and health changes and are committed to care that makes our residents feel reassured and fulfilled.
A professional staff provides focused rehabilitation services and our dedicated memory care and palliative care teams attend to individuals with special needs around the clock.
***NEW $1000 SIGNING BONUS NOW AVAILABLE!*** We're currently hiring full-time CNA positions for any shift! Part-time opportunities are also available (may be eligible for signing bonus):
- Now hiring full-time or part-time, all shifts!:
- 2:30-10:30pm (*+0.25 hourly shift differential)
- 10:30pm-6:30am (*+0.35 hourly shift differential)
- 4-hour bid shifts available for working students!
- Competitive wages, flexible schedules!
- Awesome benefits, including tuition / certification reimbursement!
This position is responsible for providing assigned residents with routine daily nursing cares in accordance with established facility nursing care procedures as trained and directed by the Director of Nursing (DON), Registered Nurse (RN), Unit Manager and/or other licensed nurse. The CNA is required to report assistance provided with daily cares, and noted changes in a resident’s physical, psychosocial, mental, or emotional conditions according to community policy and procedure.
- Follows resident care/treatment plans, documents noted changes in a resident’s physical, psychosocial, mental, or emotional conditions according to community policy and procedure.
- Understands residents’ charts, doctor’s orders and residents’ plan of care.
- Complies with long-term care federal and state laws, rules, and regulations.
- Follow standard precautions and works within OSHA guidelines.
- Ensure that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring, compassionate and dignified manner which recognizes the individual’s needs and rights.
- Remains aware and takes special precautions to ensure a clean, safe environment for residents and staff.
- Assist residents with activities of daily living (ADL) in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort, under the direction of a licensed nurse.
- Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding accurate performance of vital signs, weights, bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, using speech, language, or other functional communication system etc.
- Answers resident call lights promptly for assigned residents and willingly supports team in answering call lights for unassigned residents.
- Turns, lifts, positions and transports residents into and out of bed, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, according to care plan.
- Assist resident in transferring using a transfer belt, device or appropriate lift whiling maintaining resident safety at all times. Willingly supports team in use of two person lifts, etc.
- Ensure the residents are clean, neatly dressed, and well-groomed.
- Neatly makes and changes bed linen.
- Assists the resident with the restorative nursing program including but not limited to, passive and active range of motion and ambulation as appropriate.
- Reports proactively and promptly to the nurse any illnesses, rashes, bruises, changes in the resident’s overall physical, psychosocial, mental, or emotional conditions / status.
- Recognizes the potential for or actual skin problems and repots to the nurse as required.
- Reports to nurse all incidents/accidents that occur involving residents, co-workers and visitors.
- Delivers meals and assists residents with eating. Records accurate food and fluid intake.
- Report any chewing or swallowing difficulty to the nurse on duty.
- Reports any equipment malfunction to designated employee.
- Attend and participate in scheduled nursing meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current MN CNA license
- Positive team player
- Prefer previous work experience in the geriatric field
Join us for our monthly Career Fair & Hiring Open House, onsite atChris Jensen the last Tuesday of each month! Next event coming up Tuesday, September 24th at 1:00-4:00pm
- Walk-in interviews!
- Same-day offers made to qualified applicants
- Refreshments and special incentives
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.