- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Washington, D.C.
Req ID: 169892
This is our story.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN. See what it's like to work at CNN!
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
The Temporary CNN News Associate works with the Bureau management to ensure that the Bureau is covering the day's news stories and manages resources to make it happen effectively.
- Placing calls to support breaking news and on-going news stories.
- Monitor a variety of sources, including social media, wires and local news to assist in newsgathering efforts.
- Conduct research at the direction of producers and Desk management, which may include identifying video or digital stories.
- Work with show staffs and reporters on live shots and coverage of live events.
- Pitch stories for various CNN networks and platforms.
- One years' experience in news environment and previous newsroom experience.
- Strong general news judgment and editorial skills.
- Should have the ability to multi-task and make fast decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Candidate should be computer literate and have a working knowledge of social media.
- The Washington, DC Bureau assignment desk is staffed 24 hours a day.
- Candidates should be prepared to work various shifts including overnights and weekends.
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.