- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What you’ll be doing...
The role of COE Field Engineering is to ensure timely and accurate installation of central office equipment in accordance with standards defined in Verizon’s IP72201 and Telecordia Technologies Generic Requirements, GR-1275-CORE and other Verizon and industry standards and practices. The responsibilities of a Field Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze engineering recommendations from planning organizations.
- Analyze CCRs for scope and nature of installation work.
- Perform site visits of Verizon Central Offices and POP locations.
- Interface Planners, Vendor Installers, Operations, NNI and Detail Engineers in regards to new installations.
- Develop and publish Notepads.
- Determine equipment requirements/configurations for various Central Office network equipment such as Inter Office Facilities, FTTP, Data, and fiber networks.
- Designate and reserve Central Office space for various equipment installations.
- Approve job specifications.
- Review Labor Estimation Tool for accurate labor hours.
- Review and approve EMOPs prior to installation start dates.
- Monitor material needed for installations and expedite as necessary.
- Release jobs to construction.
- Identify equipment retirement and removals.
- Monitor installation date trails for timely completions.
- Review CCC connections for accuracy.
- Review Installation Change orders.
- Verify Engineering drawings are updated.
- Inventory equipment in various databases within Verizon.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Valid driver's license.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Knowledge of telecommunications equipment and technologies such as NGROAM, Ciena, and Cisco.
- COE Field Engineering experience.
- Experience in the Central Office environment.
- Experience with Central Office equipment installations.
- Experience with Engineering Software such as CoFEE, ICON, CCP, Venue, COEP, eMOP, WFM.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.