- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Los Angeles
Create outstanding customer experiences through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe, clean and fresh environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
· Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, safety and food safety regulations and company guidelines.
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions and make suggestions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Prepare and provide coffee drinks and related products according to customer's requests using proper equipment.
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products for which they inquire about.
- Inform customers of department specials.
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered in the correct portion size (or as close as possible to the amount ordered) to prevent shrink.
- Recommend items from within and from outside the Department to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Use all equipment in such as the refrigerators, freezers, and microwave and espresso machine according to company guidelines.
- Prepare foods according to the food temperature logs and preparation instructions.
- Adequately prepare, package, label and inventory ingredients in merchandise.
- Regularly lift/carry 10-50 pound items.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review "sell by" dates and take appropriate action.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Display a positive attitude and sense of urgency.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Report all safety risks, issues, customer or employee accidents and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 18 years of age
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Retail experience
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
Jobs at Ralphs: At Ralphs, our people make us who we are. They are more than just our associates, they’re part of the communities we serve. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities in every area of our operation. Whether you want to create a fast, fun and friendly shopping experience for customers in our stores or you want to be part of our innovative corporate team at our headquarters in Los Angeles, Ralphs is always looking for outstanding associates. Our associates enjoy competitive pay and excellent benefits, along with a positive work environment built on mutual respect and professionalism. If you are interested in building and advancing your career with Ralphs, we invite you to complete an online application today.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,796 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CA||Los Angeles|| 260 S La Brea Ave ||90036 || Ralphs||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Part-Time|| None
- customer service
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.