- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
- Perform research on various computer systems and document customer information regarding current status, payment expectations, notes of conversations and other relevant information
- Use mail, email and phones to contact customers to discuss, negotiate payment and resolve outstanding medical bill accounts and balances
- Obtain agreement on potential balance payoff and/or payment terms within stated level of authority and guideline limits
- Prepare and submits reports to internal management on status of outstanding medical bills and proposed/planned payment settlement details
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma/GED (or higher) OR 3 equivalent years of working experience
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office - Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint [ability to create (documents, spreadsheets, and presentations), edit, save, and send]
- 1+ years of experience in a related environment (ie office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Prior experience in a Medical Lab
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Quest Diagnostics, Lewisville, TX, Collections Representative, CSR, Accounts Receivable, Appeals, Collections
- customer service
- microsoft excel