- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $17.00 - $22.00 gross per hour
- HOUSTON GALLERIA
Our client, an established organization in the News industry, is seeking a Collections Specialist on a temporary to full time basis. The company is located in the galleria area. The Collections Specialist is responsible for reconciliation and collection of an assigned book of business comprised of a large number (500+) of accounts. Must have commercial collections experience in handling 500+ accounts. The ideal candidate for this position is well organized, enjoys interactions with customers, and excels in a fast-paced environment with high efficiency and accuracy. On a full-time basis, this position can pay up to $23/hr based on experience and performance. For immediate consideration, please email your resume to Alyssa.firstname.lastname@example.org.
This individual is responsible for:
• Contacting customers by phone and e-mail to reconcile accounts, obtaining payment commitments and collecting past due balances
• Researching and resolving account disputes, returned payments, skipped and past due invoices, short pays, and cash on account balances
• Notifying Sales department and customers of accounts being on credit hold and obtaining payments
• Documenting and maintaining credit and collections activities
• Evaluating and monitoring assigned accounts receivable portfolio. Improve monthly DSO and % Current.
• Providing monthly bad debt accounts report for an assigned book of business and preparing these accounts for collections agency/attorney handover
• Mailing monthly statements and past due letters
• Processing payments and providing payment reconciliation
• Providing daily support and building relationships with the Sales department
• All other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of Business to Business collections
- Large portfolio experience
About the company
Unrivaled Industry Insight. Sophisticated Matching Technology.
And a Personalized Approach.
It’s Why We’re #1.