- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
APOGEE ENTERPRISES, INC.
POSITION: APS Collections Specialist
REPORTS TO APSCredit & Collections Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Apogee Process Services (APS)
- Owatonna, MN
General Description and Essential Function:
This position offers a wide variety of work assignments and responsibility within the APS Department of Apogee Services, Inc.
The APS Collections Specialist will work closely with the APS Credit & Collections Supervisor as well as the Apogee Director, Credit & Collections.
This position will support multiple processes for APS including customer account collections and, when needed, as a backup for the APS Data Steward.
The focus will be to ensure that we continue to provide superior service to our internal and external customers.
- Collections as assigned in the collections portfolio within GetPaid.
- Lien waiver processing.
- To follow-up with customers in retrieving completed project information sheets.
- Effectively utilize the GetPaid software along with Apogee and/or Business Unit ERP systems.
- Identify customer disputes and send to appropriate resolver at the business unit.
Help to follow-up and document progress through resolution.
- Provide customer service and develop relationships with internal/external clients and suppliers.
- Respond to daily credit reference requests as per the rules established by APS.
- Apprise the APS Credit & Collections Supervisor of any complicated collection matters or those that may require special handling or approval outside of the assigned strategy or policy.
- Notify the APS Credit & Collections Supervisor and/or the APS Director, Credit & Collections of any noticed financial, management, and or ownership changes of assigned customers.
- Provide back-up support, when needed, to the APS Credit & Collections Supervisor and the APS Data Steward.
- Communicate and work with business unit accounting, credit, finance, purchasing and sales personnel.
- Help to ensure that key APS performance goals and metrics are met and if possible improved.
- Serve as a backup, as needed, to other Apogee Business Unit's Collections Portfolios.
- Participate in the team-based work groups that make up the business unit credit departments.
- Help to improve processes that are no longer effective or in need of updating.
- Cash application services for designated business units.
- High School Graduate or GED Equivalent with a minimum of two years office accounting experience or a two-year degree in related fields such as accounting, business administration or finance.
Experience in the credit & collections field is a plus especially if it is in the commercial construction arena.
- Experience working with ERP Systems.
- Experience handling multiple tasks under a challenging customer (internal & external customers) networks.
- Good communication skills.
Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Able to keep customer security and sensitive information in extreme confidence.
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working with Excel, Outlook and Word documents.
- Available to work overtime to meet customer demands or project deadlines.
- Ability to travel if deemed necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/DisabledPandoLogic.
Keywords: Collection Coordinator, Location: Owatonna, MN
- ms project