- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Commercial Business Director West*, Immun-Oncology Lung, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
*May reside in any major markets in West territories: Northwest, South Central, Great Plains
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will ensures sales forecasts and operational budgets are met or exceeded within the therapeutic area at a regional level by inspiring ownership, accountability, initiative, and engagement within the entire team by regularly communicating AstraZeneca's vision, business objectives and performance outcomes. You will focus the team on delivering a few high-impact opportunities by identifying issues and implementing customer-specific approaches based upon their needs and preferences. You will accomplish this by using robust analytical rigor to frame situations and incorporate new perspectives and ideas. You will anticipate and remove obstacles so that your teams can deliver results and succeed.
You will establishes business objectives, assesses performance, and addresses skill development for direct reports to ensure appropriate portfolio management, including opportunities for career development by investing in long-term development of others through mentoring, coaching and continuous feedback. You will lead and influence district sales leaders through modeling and coaching to AZ's leadership capabilities by creating a climate of trust so team members can act decisively by clarifying roles/responsibilities and establishing boundaries of decision-making. You will help your team align their business actions to the regional plans, so they can understand and evaluate the potential impact of external events on the organizational and regional strategies by accurately acknowledging both the broad environmental context of situations and the needs and motivations of others, so they know who they need to influence and why.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical sales or healthcare
- Leadership experience in field sales
- Demonstrated communication competencies
- Experience in managing budgets
- Ability to lead and develop district sales leaders
- A valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- May reside in any major markets in West Territories listed above
- Experience in multiple commercial functional areas of the business (e.g. Managed Care, Brand Team/Marketing and Sales Operations,)
- Oncology sales/marketing experience highly preferred, specifically in IO Lung
- Ability to identify strategies with greatest business impact, formulate an appropriate business plan and enroll their teams to execute the plan
- Thorough understanding of customer segments and regional market dynamics within all therapeutic areas
- Exhibited ability to manage multiple, concurrent work-streams in diverse functional/therapeutic areas
- Successful work experience in team selling environments, inclusive of successful management of teams
- Demonstrated presentation and negotiation skills
- Working relationships with top Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)
(No Company relocation assistance provided)
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law