- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Janssenis currently recruiting for a Global Commercial Disease Area Strategy (DAS) Leader,Retinal Diseases.
The missionof the Cardiovascular and Metabolism (CVM) TA is to change the globaltrajectory of the cardiometabolic disease epidemic by developing innovativemedicines that lead to clinically meaningful outcomes which improve patientlives, reduce healthcare system costs, and create value. The CVM TA focuses on Thrombosis, High-RiskObesity, Diabetes Complications, and, with the recent announcement of Janssen’scollaboration with MeiraGTx, the CVM TA will broaden its scope to include thenew (to JNJ) Retinal Disease area.
TheCommercial DAS Leader, Retinal Diseases, will:
CREATETHE FUTURE: (co-created with R&D and in collaboration with MeiraGTx)
- Create the short- and long-range, end-to-end strategy for the disease area, leading JNJ into this new disease state.
- Direct and align portfolio strategy with the disease area strategy and manage the quality of the portfolio to execute against the Janssen One goals.
- Provide commercial expertise to support licensing and acquisition activities
- Identify transformational strategies in select new spaces that align with the disease area stronghold (biomarkers, diagnostics, etc.)
- Advance disease interception strategies that align with the disease area
- Innovate by leveraging technology-enabled solutions to improve patient outcomes.
LEAD& MANAGE THE PRESENT:
- Build a deep understanding of the disease area.
- Maximize the value of assets and develop successful global brands.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional stakeholders (e.g. regulatory, medical affairs, market access, R&D, etc.) to facilitate decision-making.
- Partner with regional leadership to build a winning global commercial strategy and secure implementation.
- Effectively navigate the J&J network, leverage relationships and credibility to advocate for DAS positions, and influence key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Evaluate external markets to identify opportunities to grow the portfolio.
- Manage a team of strategic marketing and analytics professionals to develop deep commercial insights, and ensure execution is aligned to strategy.
- Accountable for attracting and developing talent, and advancing GCSO talent agenda
Thisrole will serve a critical leadership function on the GCSO Cardiovascular andMetabolism Leadership Team, as well as on the Cardiovascular and Metabolism TAManagement Board. The position reportsdirectly to the Global Commercial Strategy Leader, Cardiovascular andMetabolism.
- Aminimum of bachelor’s degree in a relevant area is required. MBA or relevant advanced degree is stronglypreferred.
- Aminimum of 12 years of pharmaceutical commercial and strategic experience isrequired.
- Broad based commercial experience preferablymanaging Business Unit P&L with a consistent track record of deliveringabove-market results is required.
- Leadership ability to successfully work acrossfunctional and geographic boundaries is required (preferably across multiple marketspreferably across multiple countries or market access models)
- Proven strategic thinking and strategicmarketing skills across product stages end-to-end, especially launch, lifecycle management, business development, and portfolio strategy and management arerequired
- Experience in the retinal diseases area is preferred
- Knowledge of and demonstrated learning agilityto acquire a basic understanding of Retinal Disease science, and the ability toeffectively influence portfolio strategies based on insights and foresights tofuture scientific direction in Retinal Diseases.
- A successful track record in leading and/ormanaging across multiple functions, such as marketing, market access, medicalaffairs, R&D, regulatory, and operations
- Ability to operate globally and locally andeffectively influence without direct-line reporting authority
- Facility in leading teams to strong businessand portfolio recommendations based on sound, insightful, qualitative and quantitativedecision-making approaches and tools.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan- Organization
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)
About the company
If you’re thinking about taking your career to a place where you can be seen for the talent you bring to your work, where you’ll have a chance to be the driver of your own career, and where others share your passion for caring and success, then we invite you to explore Johnson & Johnson. BE VITAL in your career and make a unique mark. Join the approximately 129,000 men and women who work within our companies and touch the lives of more than a billion people around the world every day.