- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Responsible for developing commercial loan production and cross sell opportunities. Performs a variety of commercial loan portfolio management duties in support of the Lending Department in conformance with Bank policies and procedures.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES :
Performs any functions necessary, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers and prospects.
- New Business Development – Through prospecting and networking activities, strives to meet new business development goals as set by senior management. Performs (sometimes in tandem with the commercial loan underwriter) credit analysis and underwriting of new commercial loan requests. Works with Business Banking Group (BDO’s) to cross-sell new customers and develop new deposit relationships.
- Portfolio Management – Serves as Relationship Manager for assigned and originated loans. Maintains up-to-date records of transactions in conformance with loan policies and provides ongoing customer service and guidance to customers. Performs annual reviews of existing commercial loans upon receipt of annually submitted financial information or as may be needed from time to time.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory and competitive developments within the area of commercial lending. Attends relevant courses and seminars.
- Regularly reviews and understands commercial lending policy (as well as other related policies). Completes all assigned training and learning objectives.
- Maintains an active pipeline of prospective clients; monitors them via pipeline tracking system, and participates fully in the bank’s Set Your Sales initiative.
- Problem Loan Resolution – when required, works out problem loan situations in a manner that is fair to the customer but which also promotes the highest likelihood of maximum recovery for the bank. OTHER ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs related and unrelated duties as may be required. Qualifications
College degree and formal credit training. At least three years of bank commercial loan portfolio management experience. Working knowledge of various word processing and spreadsheet applications. Good communications, organizational and interpersonal skills. Detailed knowledge of the Bank’s lending policies and procedures.
SUPERVISORY SCOPE :
Performs work within established guidelines and according to specific departmental and commercial lending group procedures. Refers problems to immediate supervisor.
BankNewport has a sales oriented culture to which all employees must adhere. It is expected that both internal and external customers be treated with competence, courtesy and concern. We must strive, as employees, to discover our customers’ needs and to determine and decide which product or service best meets those needs. Following a discussion, a solution should be developed to meet or exceed the customer’s expectations.
About the company