- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Mountain View
Google is known for our innovative technologies, products and services — and for the people behind them. The Google People Services (GPS) team focuses on providing an amazing experience to past, present and future Googlers. As a Project Manager, you will create and drive the programs that help us to find and develop talent. You will oversee the projects that allow GPS to provide candidates and clients with an excellent experience as productively and efficiently as possible. Using your communication skills, you will set team strategy, influence business partners and facilitate change management across the department. You'll partner with other project managers, client-group managers and engineers to set strategy, build support processes and develop content that delights our users.
In this communications role for Google’s hiring and operations group, you will support initiatives that enable Google to attract and retain the best talent in the world. You’ll be the mastermind behind the communication strategies that ensure big, complex projects are implemented successfully.
You’ll put your communication plans into action, drawing on your storytelling skills and ability to synthesize complex issues to create compelling and creative communications for a variety of audiences and channels. Always striving to improve and test new approaches, you’ll track the effectiveness of your plans, using what you have learned to make the change process more efficient and effective for future projects. In this highly collaborative role that requires strong relationship building and influencing skills, you have the ability to adapt as business needs change.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (you probably know us better as "Human Resources"). Made up of equal parts HR professionals, former consultants, and analysts, we're the advocates of Google's colorful culture. In People Ops, we "find them, grow them, and keep them". We bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of work experience in writing, communications, or related a field (e.g., in corporate, journalism, government, political, or nonprofit settings).
- 1-year of social media communications management experience. Experience in UX standards and writing for the web.
- Experience managing stakeholders and a portfolio of internal and external communications.
- 4 years of experience rolling out cross-functional changes that affect people, process or technology.
- 2 years of graphic or communications design experience (e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud).
- Experience influencing through relationships, expertise and data.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and collaboratively in fast-paced, pressurized and ambiguous environments, maintaining good judgment and the ability to escalate appropriately.
- Think, plan, and execute on multiple projects autonomously, and in an organized fashion, balancing long-term and urgent needs of the team.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills with a focus on the voice and cultural values of the business.
- Lead strategy and implementation of communications for change initiatives from beginning to end: assessing the needs of the project, developing and getting buy-in for the proposed communication plan, implementing the plan and tracking effectiveness.
- Oversee organization-wide communications, with and for a variety of channels (email, All-Hands events, executive presentations, videos, websites, social media).
- Manage the global tone and creative communications strategy for senior leaders, internal employees, and our candidate outreach.
- Contribute to messaging for Google's technical candidates.
- Drive all communication work with a strong eye for design, following established UX standards for interaction design and creating graphics for use across multiple channels.
- ms project
- project manager
- social media
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate