- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- ST JAMES GATE
Job Description :
The Communications and Community Engagement manager is a key member of the Ireland Corporate Relations team executing Diageo’s broader reputation strategy in Ireland, providing business critical support in a number of priority areas for the company. Specifically the role involves designing and managing communications and engagement plans across a range of community, media and internal stakeholder groups to bring this Brand Diageo story to life, recruit advocates and influencers, and manage reputation issues as they arise, providing reputation advice to the broader business in Ireland and its leaders.
The role will also oversee Diageo’s community engagement programme to create a lasting positive sustainable impact for both our people and the communities in which we operate. This role will be working closely with key Diageo brands domiciled in Ireland to support their external engagement across media and other stakeholders. You will also be responsible for bringing the story of the transformation of Saint James’s Gate to life, while ensuring a clear and coherent community gain strategy is not only designed but implemented from the very outset of the project.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage Diageo’s relationships and reputation with all Irish media – as well as key stakeholders in the community/NGO sector, overseeing all press office activity relating to Diageo in Ireland.
- Work closely with the CR Director and Country Director across all aspects of Diageo’s external reputation in Ireland, developing and executing a total stakeholder engagement plan for our company, building our external leadership profile.
- Provide critical media and reputation management and advice to Diageo leaders in Ireland.
- Develop and execute other Diageo Community programmes in ROI with clear and measurable outcomes for specific groups, including Learning for Life, and manage our participation in the Open Doors programme.
- Support internal Diageo stakeholders in their volunteering and community engagement activity alongside International Supply Chain (ISC) comms.
- Lead external engagement on redevelopment of Saint James’s Gate, working closely with the ISC communications team and development partners to maximise community benefit
- Support the Head of Alcohol and Public policy in external engagement on our Alcohol in Society programmes.
- Support internal engagement on specific projects and transformation programmes
- Minimum six years’ experience in communications and media relations.
- Substantial experience in CSR or community/society programmes.
- Strong internal or (closed-stakeholder-group communications) experience.
- Substantial media experience: Can clearly demonstrate in-depth understanding of the media landscape at local, Ireland and Europe level and can clearly demonstrate a strong network of contacts with key media.
- Internal engagement – successful leadership of employee engagement programmes as evidenced by clear KPIs that deliver year on year improvement in engagement scores
- Stakeholder management: Has in-depth understanding the complex Irish stakeholder landscape, and proven experience of managing diverse groups in challenging situations
- Strong relationship building and alignment skills. Can clearly demonstrate ability to network externally and internally and demonstrate ability to manage a complex matrix of interests and contacts and ability to manage and align internal stakeholders with a unified goal. Strong external network across business, NGOs and community.
- Strong team player: Demonstrates a drive to succeed and create the conditions for others to succeed and develop. Shows willingness to share knowledge and understanding and to take responsibility for development of colleagues.
- Managing complexity. Demonstrates track record of managing complex networks and issues, successfully aligning multiple stakeholder interests and agendas
Do you hold yourself to the highest standards? Then we should talk!
Worker Type :
St James Gate
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :
- ms project
About the company
British multinational alcoholic beverages company headquartered in London, England. It is the world's largest producer of spirits and a major producer of beer and wine.
Diageo's brands include Smirnoff (the world's best-selling vodka), Johnnie Walker (the world's best-selling blended Scotch whisky), Baileys (the world's best-selling liqueur), and Guinness (the world's best-selling stout). It also owns 34% of Moët Hennessy, which owns brands including Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot and Hennessy.