- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The Caterpillar Oil & Gas and Marine Division has an exciting opportunity for a Communications Representative located in Houston, Texas. As a communications representative, you’ll work with leaders to build and execute creative communication plans and strategies, support website strategy and video production as well as engage with the local community.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Build and execute creative internal and external communication strategies for Caterpillar’s Oil & Gas and Marine Division
* Manage and develop several communication vehicles including electronic newsletters, division website, employee meetings, leader messages, presentations and speeches
* Manage local media relations where necessary and serve as a liaison with Corporate Public Affairs
* Serve as project manager for high-profile events and engage with the local community
* Embrace technology to find new and creative ways to reach key audiences
* 2+ years of progressively responsible job-related experience
* College or university degree in communications, marketing or a related field or 6+ years of experience without a degree
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Visual communications experience; proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
Top Candidates will also have:
* Previous Caterpillar experience
* Proficiency in second language
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/careers).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
- ms project
- project manager
About the company
Caterpillar Inc., is an American corporation which designs, manufactures, markets and sells machinery, engines, financial products and insurance to customers via a worldwide dealer network. Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. With more than US$89 billion in assets, Caterpillar was ranked number one in its industry and number 44 overall in the 2009 Fortune 500.