- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
GLOBAL COMPLIANCEOur division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm’s culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm’s enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm’s second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm’s compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm’s responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
The Financial Crime Compliance ("FCC") coordinates Goldman Sachs' enterprise-wide anti-money laundering (AML), economic sanctions, e-communications and anti-bribery compliance efforts. FCC consists of the global Anti-Money Laundering-Suspicious Activities Group, the Anti-Bribery Group, the Government Sanctions Group, the Electronic Communications Surveillance Group and Forensics Group. The combined FCC team, which is composed of professionals with extensive law enforcement, regulatory, legal, compliance, forensic consulting, operations and business experience, administers an array of surveillances, due diligence, investigative expertise and other control processes designed to identify potential money laundering, terrorist financing, bribery, securities fraud and other violations of law. The Forensics Group is the central investigation unit of FCC and coordinates with others across the firm to identify and mitigate areas of risk.
The Forensics Group is supported by a platform that utilizes big data technologies to proactively identify areas of risk. Recent forensic investigatory activity has included money laundering, market manipulation, books and records fraud, bid rigging, insider trading and data leakage. The ideal candidate would have an inquisitive and skeptical mindset, strong data query and analytical skills, business knowledge with a focus on financial markets/products or experience performing investigations. Experience related to securities and/or banking industry is required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong editorial judgment, oral and written communication skills;
- Driven, organized, and energetic;
- Analytical; capable of identifying and distilling relevant information quickly;
- Strong interest in data analysis;
- Works well under pressure, effectively prioritizes and is able to multi-task;
- Works cooperatively and courteously with others;
- Strong project management discipline;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Prior experience querying, aggregating and analyzing broad based GS transactional data;
- Prior experience reviewing data to identity risk-relevant information;
- Prior experience investigating transactional anomalies in a compliance, regulatory, risk or audit context;
- Prior experience preparing project based reports and presentations for GS management;
- Clear thinker capable of turning complex topics into concise and compelling narratives;
- Knowledgeable of key compliance risks;
- Programming and/or process automation experience preferred although not required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.