- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- CALIFORNIA US
Posting NumberTitleComputer Science Instructor (Part-Time) Reedley CollegeCampus LocationReedley CollegeStart DateEssential Functions of PositionThe ideal candidate will share Reedley College’s commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. We currently enroll over 16,000 students in which 71% are Latinx, 6% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 2% are Black/African American, 17% are White, 1% American Indian/Alaska Native, and 2% are multiracial. Reedley College is a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community.
The successful candidate will join a department dedicated to the use of curriculum responsive to the students it serves.
Providing instruction in Computer Science in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evening and/or weekends, on-line or off-campus and large group instruction classes as needed, the instructor will be responsible for:
- Teaching the Computer Science courses of programming concepts and methodology I (C++), programming concepts and methodology II, discrete mathematics for computer science, computer organization and assembly language, and other computer science courses as assigned;
- Communicating effectively and working cooperatively with students, staff, campus and community organizations;
- Responsible for holding class during scheduled times and in scheduled locations and maintaining and submitting proper records of student progress and attendance; and
- Otherwise fulfilling all of the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by Administrative Regulation 7122.
- Master’s in computer science or computer engineering;
- Bachelor’s in either of the above AND master’s in mathematics, cybernetics, business administration, accounting or engineering;
- Bachelor’s in engineering AND master’s in cybernetics, engineering, mathematics, or business administration;
- Bachelor’s in mathematics AND master’s in cybernetics, engineering, mathematics, or business administration;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND a master’s degree in information science, computer information systems or information systems;
- A valid California Community College Credential;
- The equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency).
All candidates must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practice within the classroom.
- Experience in teaching Computer Science;
- Knowledge in the area of Computer Science;
- Knowledge and awareness of current theories and methodology for teaching computer science courses;
- Experience working with diverse student population;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students and staff;
- Related work and professional experience;
- Recent experience working with African American, Latinx, Native American, and other racially minoritized students in the classroom and an understanding of how historical patterns of exclusions of these groups in higher education shape patterns of participation and outcomes;
- Willingness to examine and remediate one’s instructional, relational, and classroom practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized students;
- Experience and skill with addressing issues of equity in the classroom;
- Potential for contribution to institutional vitality and growth; and
- Knowledge of the community college and its mission and goals.
Salary and BenefitsStarting rates are $47.31 – $64.25 for lecture, $40.22 – $54.65 for lab, and $39.45 – $53.61 for non-instructional. Sick leave accrual is based on assignment hours.
Selection ProcedureThe selection and hiring process will be explained by the hiring department if the candidate is extended an opportunity to interview.
Please note:This position does not have a closing date and applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position(s) is/are filled. By applying for this position, you understand that you will be placed in a continuous pool. If at any time you are no longer interested in this position, please withdraw your application.
Additional InformationThis is a part-time position. Open until filled. Start dates may vary.
Additional Information about the PositionRC College Planning Site
Open DateClose DateClosing TimeOpen Until FilledYesQuick Linkhttp://scccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/2131Posting Specific QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * At the time of application, are your qualifications/degree(s) EXACTLY as stated in the Minimum Qualifications section of the job announcement? NOTE: If not, you must answer yes when asked if you would like to petition for equivalency (next question).
- * Would you like to petition for equivalency based on your education and/or experience including knowledge and skills gained from informal activities? NOTE: If your qualifications do not exactly match the minimum qualifications stated in the job announcement, and you fail to petition for equivalency (even if you have an approved equivalency on file with this district), your application will be considered incomplete.
- If yes, please describe your exceptional experiences, backgrounds or degrees which would be equivalent to the stated degree(s) or experience requirements. (Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess degree(s) earned from an institution outside of the United States? NOTE: If yes, you will be required to upload an evaluation service assessment (foreign transcript evaluation). A list of some available assessment agencies can be found at www.ed.gov under the National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Academic Credentials section. Please upload under Optional Evaluation Service Assessment. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Transcripts (Unofficial copies accepted - must indicate conferred degree(s) that support the minimum qualifications)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- List of Professional References
- Evaluation Service Assessment
- Additional Documents
- Letters of Recommendation
- business administration