- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
ML Talent Strategies has been retained by an 80-year old full-service construction firm to find a visionary Construction Project Manager who desires to grow their career by joining a company committed to the growth and development of its team members.
The Construction Project Manager (PM) leads high-quality projects from start to finish; leading other members of the team toward the successful completion of the project.
Leading the project includes; managing the project start-up, contracts, communication and scheduling with subcontractors, oversight of the project Superintendent and project Owner, budget, close-out, adherence to quality standards, mitigating risk and exceeding client expectations.
- Provides leadership in initial planning stage by collaborating with clients, architects, engineers, or other involved parties; develops detailed description of jobs and materials necessary to complete project.
- Schedules and coordinates projects in logical steps and budget the time necessary to meet each deadline.
- Prepares and submits budget estimates and regularly communicates with client concerning budget progress and costs.
- Ensures adherence to the budget and, when unexpected complications or issues arise, makes quick and necessary adjustments.
- Plans, coordinates, organizes, oversees, and directs activities regarding the construction and maintenance of assigned structures, facilities, and systems.
- Ensures safety standards and guidelines are followed on the job site and that all safety codes are met in construction.
- Oversees contract negotiations, revisions, and additions and adherence by all parties.
- Collaborates with clients, supervisory staff, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve problems, including work procedures, complaints, and construction or design issues.
- Manages and leads actions that are necessary due to delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction sites.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with a variety of people, including owners, managers, designers, supervisors, and subcontractors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of contracts, plans, specifications, and regulations.
- Ability to remain flexible and efficient in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make intelligent and quick decisions, working well under pressure, and when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays.
- Ability to effectively multitask while analyzing and solving problems.
- Ability to read, interpret and utilize drawings, specifications, sketches, plans, forms, and other visual instructions, either in digital or print to perform work.
- Mastery of drafting, engineering, and building techniques and terminology.
- Takes initiative and needs little supervision
- Comprehensive understanding of OSHA and other state and federal regulations.
- Demonstrates mastery of relevant building codes
- federal, state and local.
- Ability to effectively supervise and develop employees, including teaching, coaching and mentoring.
Can hold others accountable for performance.
- Works well in team environments
Required Education & Experience
- Minimum A.S.
degree in business-related discipline such as construction management, architecture, engineering or related field of study.
- At least five (5) years' experience in related position, preferably within the commercial construction industry
- Leadership experience
- Proficient in computer skills, i.e.
Microsoft Word, Excel, Email, Internet.
- Travel required from Indianapolis to various construction sites.
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop, climb stairs on a construction site and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to withstand elevated noise levels from earth-moving equipment and other construction site dangers.