- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $21.55 - $34.48 gross per hour
- Land O' Lakes
Salary Disclosure/General Description
Starting Salary: $21.55
Pay Grade: P37
Current Pasco County Employees: Please refer to the Personnel Policy & Procedure Manual for starting salary information.
Department: Facilities Management
Location: Land O' Lakes
General Description: Engineering work in the preparation, review, and execution of plans, designs, permitting, and specifications of facility and building projects. Duties may include coordinating with design consultants, contractors, and Project Managers with respect to ensuring quality outcomes for projects. Duties will include plans and specifications review, site Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) and supervision of QA/QC team members for facility and building projects. Provides coordination and management assistance during construction of projects.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES:All employees will be required to work before, during, or after an Emergency. During an Emergency, employees may temporarily be assigned to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of their position, location and work schedule to fit the needs of the County and its citizens.
Essential Job Functions
Supervises the in-house QA/QC team during the design and building phases of construction and renovation projects. In coordination with a Sr. Project Manager, works to coordinate and review engineering consultant's designs, plans, and specifications for construction projects. Supervises and assists in the preparation and obtaining of all required regulatory agency permits. Manages and supervises the construction and inspection activities of projects. Prepares project status reports and schedules as required. Prepares quantity take-offs, cost estimates, and technical reports. Makes engineering investigations and prepares reports on findings. Prepares plans, specifications, and manages minor projects. Provides technical assistance to in-house construction and maintenance forces and other departments. Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of engineering.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and techniques of site, structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineering in building construction.
- Ability to prepare, read, and interpret moderately complex engineering plans.
- Ability to prepare and submit clear and precise engineering and related reports orally and written.
- Knowledge of NFPA, ADA, and Florida Building Codes.
- Skilled in the use of testing instrumentation.
- Ability to plan, direct, and coordinate the work of engineers, contractors, technicians, and clerical personnel.
- Ability to supervise a team of QA/QC team members to ensure quality projectoutcomes.
- Ability to work with the public, architects, engineers, contractors, regulatory agencies, County employees, and elected officials.
- Completion of Engineer in Training (EIT) or Engineering Intern (EI) Certification highly desired.
PHYSICAL SKILLS: Ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written, and visual communication.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field and three (3) years of directly related field experience in construction or engineeringORan Associate's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field and five (5) years of directly related field experience in construction or engineering.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS: Must possess a valid driver's license.
ADA STATEMENT: A qualified employee or applicant with a disability may be afforded a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential job functions of a position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: Pasco County BOCC is a drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal and Florida law.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE:Under Section 295.07, F.S., Chapter 55A-7, Pasco County BCC provides to Veterans, that preference in appointment will be given to preference-eligible applicants.
- ms project
- project manager