- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Construction Technician in the Chapel Hill, TN area.
• This position is responsible for the installation, repair, and maintenance of underground fiber and copper telecommunications facilities to support residential and business telephone, high-speed internet, and Digital TV customers, while providing a superior level of customer service and commitment to safety.
• This position requires daily use of manual and mechanized equipment to bury and repair cable and conduit.
• This position must prove the demonstrated ability to take and follow instruction well, be willing to work long hours to meet and exceed customer’s expectations, follow all safety requirements, and have the ability and willingness to learn and work in a team environment.
• Follow instructions of jobsite lead or engineering manager.
• Communicate with other utility managers, developers, contractors, and homeowners to discuss and plan construction issues.
• Construct and bury cable and conduit systems, by operating blowing, plowing, digging, directional boring, and trenching equipment and pulling fiber and cable through conduit systems.
• Bury fiber or copper drops from main service connections to exteriors of residences and businesses.
• Perform emergency restoration services.
• Manage worksite according to high safety standards, including setting up traffic control signage and following safety procedures with all work equipment.
• Locate existing buried copper and fiber facilities and call 811 (OneCall) before any digging projects, properly identifying other utility flags and safely working around other utilities.
• Complete and maintain records as required, including completion of all required information on work orders to ensure details of work are recorded for entry into Company systems.
• Keep accurate records of materials used and update staking sheets to field as-builts.
• Load reel trailers with strand, fiber, or cable.
• Clean, maintain, and organize stock for company vehicles and prepare equipment to safely perform required duties and reflect the highest brand standards.
• Provide a high level of customer service and reflect the highest brand standards.
• Other duties may be assigned as required.
About the company
Is the 1 Global Telecom and Wireless Job Board Telecomcareers offers over 150,000 mobile, telecom and it resumes.