- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
This CX AMER GSP Services Technical Leader position will focus on CMTS and Cable related technologies. Required skills include:
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills as the candidate will be responsible for communication and explanation of key deliverables to customers and Cisco Partners.
* In-depth knowledge of Cisco IOS, CMTS platforms (uBR7246VXR, uBR10k and cBR8), DOCSIS 1.x, 2.0, 3.0 Networks, PacketCable, PacketCable Multimedia, DOCSIS Set-top Gateway (DSG) and other Cable features.
* The ability to perform highly technical L1, L2 and L3 troubleshooting to determine root cause of software or hardware failure issues.
* Knowledge of RF fundamentals and Outside Plant / HFC
* Strong internetworking troubleshooting skills in a large-scale network environment.
* The ability to work with Cisco Business Unit Development Engineering & Testing organizations to debug and resolve causes of highly-complex software or hardware issues.
* The ability to provide Lifecycle Services (Prepare, Plan, Design, Implement, Operate & Optimize - PPDIOO) to customers based on communication with the Customer, Cisco Account Teams and Project Managers; and Cisco Partners.
* Skills required to perform IOS Risk Assessments, Bug Scrubs, code recommendations based on customer requirements.
* 8-10 years of related experience working with Service Providers.
Domestic\International Travel required.
Desirable skills include:
* 5-10 years of experience in Advanced Services or equivalent support organization.
* Additional knowledge of one or more of the following platforms (76xx/65xx/ASR9K) is desirable.
* Good knowledge of Routing Protocols (OSPF, BGP, ISIS), IPv6, MPLS etc..
*Cross-functional contribution and impact with development engineering on product development and serviceability design.
*Ability to work hands-on in the lab with Customer and other NCE's performing testing of IOS, HW and SW features specific to the customer's design.
Other Preferred Skills:
* Knowledge of Ixia test tool
* Knowledge of Sigtek RF Analyzer
* Video-On-Demand (VoD), IP Video Solutions
* Service Provider Voice technologies
Typically requires BS, CS, or University degree equivalent plus 6-8 years experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.