- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- RTP, NORTH CAROLINA, US
What will you do:
● Provide Planning, Designing, Implementation, Operation and Optimization services to Cisco Advanced Services Customers around Cisco’s Data Center products and solutions. Participate in the preparation of proposals and Statements of Work. Establish trusted advisor relationship with customer management and teams on Data Center Infrastructure areas and future technology trends
● Participates in or leads complex Data Center and Cloud infrastructure (network, storage and compute) design/implementation and migration, performance engineering or problem resolution projects. Solves complex, cross-functional issues that cross many technologies in network, server, storage, O/S, virtualization, consolidation, middleware, security, applications, operations, content switching, caching and/or content delivery networks, and security. Applies good analytic process to help bring any issue to resolution.
● Provides technical support for customers during software and hardware upgrades and Proof of Concepts. Delivers migration plans, with a thorough understanding on networked applications and related dependencies. Ensure compliance to delivery methodology operational structure, roles & responsibilities. Participates in weekly status meetings and other ad-hoc interactions with the customer managing specific asks from the customer and managing customer expectations from Cloud Consumption engagements
● Support the PM in resolution of project issues. Track deliverables against the engagement schedule and support the PM track financial, resource and material requirements for the engagements. Ensure smooth closure of engagements using relationship with the customer to guide them to the next step i.e. Sampler service to Assessment Service, Assessment Service to Optimization Service.
● Guide other consultants and engineers, resolving challenges and ensuring customer success. A high degree of raw analytic horse-power, logical reasoning ability, and curiosity. Be creative with a practical approach and have an intuitive feel for financial consequences of recommendations. This individual will be passionate about their area of expertise and be interested in a specialist track as a long-term career objective. The winning candidate will have a clear record of achievement, a willingness to work hard and perseverance to make things happen
Who you’ll work with:
The Advance Delivery Center provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for Advanced Services (AS) delivery teams. ADC’s highly technical, global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a seamless delivery partner to AS practice and theatre teams.
These capabilities expand Cisco's technical reach across all Cisco architectures - Borderless Networks, Collaboration, Data Center/Virtualization, Mobility, Video, NGN and OSS. Through our network of Advance Delivery Centers (ADCs) we enable delivery of innovative services and solutions. Our collaborative delivery model drives scalability, productivity and innovation across the AS organization. ADCs are located in strategic regions around the globe - Bangalore, Dalian, Mexico City, Krakow and Raleigh - enabling a more consistent and relevant customer experience across barriers of time zone, language and local regulations.
Who you are:
● Requires BS/BE/BTech degree or equivalent plus 8+ years of related experience in IT industry.
● Broad technical knowledge of the data center and its components: Applications, Storage, Network, Server and projects surrounding their planning, design, implementation, operation, and optimization. Architectural knowledge of virtualization tools and concepts. Architectural knowledge of Three Tiered application environments. Expert familiarity with cloud computing concepts including virtualization, web services API's, elastic infrastructure, distributed data storage (database, block, object), multi-tenancy, and metered usage patterns.
● Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Bash. Python experience is strongly preferred. Networking: OSI Layer 2 (Spanning tree, vPC, EtherChannel, VLAN, etc), Layer 3 switching /routing (OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, BGP, MPLS, IPv4/6), DNS/DHCP WAN/ISP, network virtualization (N1kv, VRF), basics of higher layer protocols: SSL/TLS, HTTP, real-time traffic (voice/video), NFS, database access protocols. Compute technologies: x86, hypervisor
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.