- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Consumer and Investment Management (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world’s leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today’s dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world’s leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices
The role is part of the Americas Client Business Sales Management team. The team works closely with senior management and is responsible for supporting GSAM Divisional Management, the Client Business, managing projects, strategic initiatives, business reporting, regulatory initiatives and governance that spans the global client business.
We are looking for an Analyst to join the team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Manage multiple projects, including weekly business summaries, global budget tracking / management, management overview presentations, and completing ad-hoc requests from senior management, etc.
- Work closely with senior managers to assess the state of the business and provide support for strategic initiatives
- Facilitate distribution wide sales activities to foster further client interaction and communication.
- Coordinate with across regions for global initiatives related to reporting, client engagement, technology, business development and talent.
- Manage client coverage and conflict requests as well as prepare materials for strategic client engagement meetings
- Develop and maintain business / market analytics and sales metrics for divisional and business managers with a clear focus on accuracy and consistency of data
- Work closely with Strategists and Technology to enhance business reporting and client relationship management infrastructure as well as streamline processes that impact the broader sales team
- Prepare analyses for distribution metrics
- Liaise with Executive Office on cross-divisional requests
- Participate and contribute to internal strategy meetings
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to build the trust and confidence of colleagues, strengthen relationships through ongoing dialog and interactions, and collaborate well with others internally to meet client needs
- Project management skills; highly organized; attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills and abilities, able to craft unique solutions with limited guidance
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment and multi-task appropriately
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Self-motivated and driven, someone looking for a steep growth curve
- Ability to work at varying speeds and under timeframe pressure, while maintaining extremely high standards
- Interest/Experience in the Asset Management business and the sales/marketing process
- Strong skills in Excel (v lookups, pivot tables, simple macros, etc.), PowerPoint (basics for creating graphs/charts in client presentations) and Microsoft Office
- Undergraduate degree in business or finance related studies, preferred
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, with strong skills in Excel and Powerpoint
- Focus on identifying areas of continuous improvement, automation and scalability
- Appetite to provide support and get involved in all aspects of the diverse role of the team
- University graduate or equivalent; Qualifications in accounting helpful, but not a requirement.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative