- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Customer Service Representative Team Lead
Your future team
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the world’s leading insurance provider. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. The American General Life Companies customer service organization is responsible for servicing policyholder and agent inquiries focused on delivering a best in class customer experience. Each customer contact provides you with an opportunity to reach your goals and make an impact on our business.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG’s business.
- Provide assistance to all Contact Center Teams as needed and provide quality service that meets or exceeds the established service standards.
- Serve as a professional resource for customer related questions by assisting with escalated calls.
Must exercise sound judgment when applying corporate policy as well as exceptions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the following systems; AWD, CCIV, SAP, and all necessary systems for processing and call handling.
- Monitor calls as needed to assist CSR’s in handling difficult callers.
- Assist in reviewing KPI Metrics reports to maintain standards
- Perform special projects as needed
- Identify opportunities for offering coaching to CSR’s needing assistance in meeting Contact center objectives by soliciting feedback on customer service quality from internal and external sources.
What we are looking for
- 0-2 years Customer Service or Call Center experience a plus.
- Advanced interpersonal skills. Proven ability to interact successfully with internal/external customers.
- Must be familiar with customer service operations with at least 4 to 6 years of related experience, have leadership ability, good communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to simultaneously navigate through multiple computer systems.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated high energy level and a positive attitude.
- Life insurance industry experience preferred not required.
- Support Contact Center hours of operation Monday thru Friday 7am -7pm.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
About the company
American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries. AIG companies employ over 64,000 people in 90 countries. The company operates through three businesses: AIG Property Casualty, AIG Life and Retirement and United Guaranty Corporation (UGC). AIG Property Casualty provides insurance products for commercial, institutional and individual customers.