- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Oak Brook
Contemporary Worship Leader
PURPOSE:To facilitate an immersive and high-quality contemporary worship experience through worship leading, collaborative planning, and the development of contemporary musicians.
- Creative Direction
- Serve as the primary worship leader for the Oak Brook Campus·
- Works closely with the Contemporary Worship Coordinator to prepare weekly worship and prepare weekly charts and arrangements for the worship band.
- Recruit and audition new musicians (volunteer and paid) and to maintain a full worship leadership team
- Direct and support production staff to execute services & rehearsals
- Write and arrange original congregational music
- Provide worship leadership at other church related services/events as requested (camps, events, weddings, funerals, etc.)
- Share spiritual oversight for worship ministry staff and volunteers
- Continually develop personal gifts and knowledge through training, networking and personal study
- Support and model individual spiritual formation (Worship, Grow, Serve) through being involved in weekly worship, prayer, scripture reading, small group life, etc.
- Schedule and help lead annual worship team gatherings, events, service projects, etc.
- Attend all staff and department meetings as requested
· Participate in worship planning and review meetings on a weekly basis
- Keep Planning Center Online updated and maintained as primary scheduling tool
- Keep all DAW software, including Ableton and Pro Tools updated while coaching and training staff and volunteers on use of this software as needed
- Shepherd, develop and care for musicians, artists and participants in worship
- Resource volunteers with necessary tools to execute their ministry well
- Recruit new volunteers to serve in contemporary worship
Leadership & Community Development
- Meet regularly with key leaders to evaluate, improve, plan and dream
· Build a worship culture that is continually attracting new artists and infusing new talent
- Meets regularly with congregation members for the purposes of building community
- Network with other local and national worship leaders
· Coordinate visits to other worship experiences and conferences
- Maintain absolute confidentiality with work-related information.
- Desire to continuously learn and serve others.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Integrity for work habits and results.
- Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively and proactively.
- Appreciation for own and others giftedness.
- Ongoing desire and effort to grow more Christ-like in character.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Approachable and accessible.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
Skills and Talents
- Significant experience in worship leadership
- High level of musical competency, both instrumentally and vocally
- Significant understanding of worship culture
- At ease leading in communicating from up front during large events
- Must be able to arrange and write music
- High level of proficiency using the following software: Planning Center Online, Ableton Live, Finale/Sibelius, Garage Band, Logic Pro, and Pro Tools
- Bachelor of Arts in Worship or equivalent degree
· Strong communication skills
- Deep understanding of Scripture and theology
- A minimum of 5 full-time years of demonstrated contemporary worship leadership in a church setting
- Experience in team leadership and supervision