- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $15.00 - $20.00 gross per hour
POSITION SUMMARY/CLASS DESCRIPTION
To create designsbased on established brandingfor Department of Recreation & Parks marketing initiatives. Professional graphic designers influence how we perceive the world using colors, illustrations, photos and fonts. Photograph classes, camps and special events as needed.
This position is responsible for the creative and graphic design of marketing materials that promote the enrollment and visibility of Recreation & Parks programs and events.
- Designing postcards, posters, logos, brochures, fliers, web graphics, email campaigns or other supplemental design elements that promote programs, visibility and increase program attendance.
- Working with printers/vendors (both internal & external).
- Discussing strategies for increasing visibility, enrollment, program, and event attendance as part of an immediate and long term plan as it pertains to graphic design.
- Performing other tasks, as assigned.
- Working in office during regular business hours.
- Available to work weekends as needed.
- Photography as needed.
This position requires knowledge of mass and electronic media with a background in graphic and online design. The person should have basic knowledge of copyright and intellectual property issues pertaining to mass communications. S/he should be detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Completion of or working towards college degree is preferred
20-25 hours a week.
Regular office hours required
RATE OF PAY: Contingent (Professional) - $15-$20 / hour