- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Continuous Improvement Manager Position Description:
The CI / Lean Manager is responsible for leading the planning, development and execution of Continuous Improvement and TPM for the Dallas Fort Worth Manufacturing center. The role is fundamental in championing and leading safety, quality and productivity improvements through the application of TPM and loss elimination initiatives. Success will be measured by the ability to actively engage the manufacturing sites to achieve targeted business goals. The position reports to the Regional Operations Manager.
- This position will be working with a wide variety of corporate leadership, site leadership, site associates, outside vendors and contractors to drive improvement in Safety, Quality, Production Efficiency, Costs and Loss Reduction.
- This position will develop Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and Lean-Six Sigma capabilities at the assigned location.
- This position will also have responsibility for planning, leading and supporting TPM implementation throughout the region including Autonomous Maintenance; Preventative Maintenance, Early Equipment Management and Focus Teams.
- Coordinate with other TPM stakeholders within sites share practices, drive standardization and improve results.
- Provide technical leadership to our site leadership to effect improvements on production lines.
- Understand financial metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Map TPM implementation strategy by both milestones and metrics. Track progress of both.
- Lead teams to develop and maintain engineering competencies at the sites by coaching and mentoring to build capabilities.
- Be the subject matter expert on TPM processes and implementation.
- Lead CI events through hands-on participation.
- Provide overall support, assistance, direction and communication to Management teams regarding TPM Initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma experience is required. Black Belt Certification is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 -10 years of industrial manufacturing experience, with 3 – 5 years of experience leading TPM implementation and continuous improvement projects required.
- Experience leading technical resources to successfully maintain production line equipment to achieve high levels of productivity.
- Solid analytical, problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Self-starter and strong leadership skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to travel up to 50% is required.
About the company