- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Robert Half Finance has an opportunity for someone with a knack for leading with high standards, positively motivating others, and making critical decisions and have experience taking charge of an accounting and clerical department to become a Controller at a reputable company. Find out more about this opportunity and take the next steps toward a very competitive and generous compensation and benefits package, if it's time to advance your career. Based in the Burien, Washington area, this opening for a Controller is a full-time position.
-Preparation and review activities relating to full-cycle accounting and month-end close process;
-Act as a change leader to help in the implementation and standardization of policies and processes across the businesses;
-Assist and training with the implementation of a new ERP system;
-Preparation and review of working papers and schedules to support the balance sheet;
-Analysis of financial results and understanding underlying trends and driving factors;
-Provide support to transactional processing teams involved in AR, AP, and Payroll;
-Manage and process payroll and associated functions for certain businesses;
-Maintain and update budget and forecasting models for the various businesses inclusive of both cash and income statement forecasts;
-Assist in preparation of schedules and samples for auditors;
-Lead and drive various broader finance and business initiatives and perform other related duties as required.
-Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to partner with non-finance business teams to build effective relationships;
-Intellectually rigorous and able to engage in robust discussions, problem solve and plan
-Adaptable with excellent time management and prioritization skills;
-The ability to dive into data to draw meaningful analytics;
-Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance;
-Professional accounting designation is preferred but not necessary
-Three (3) or more years of progressive accounting related experience;
-Construction industry experience an asset;
-Project related experience an asset;
-Manufacturing related experience an asset.
Contact Information: Please contact Benjamin Um at 206-749-0960 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- Outstanding technology, analytics and management experience required
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Able to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Advanced credentials such as a Masters of Business Administration / MBA or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
- Progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Detailed and have the ability work independently
- Distinguished analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Prior experience in a public accounting environment is highly valued
About the company
Unrivaled Industry Insight. Sophisticated Matching Technology.
And a Personalized Approach.
It’s Why We’re #1.