- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- King of Prussia
Robert Half Finance is helping a renowned services company find an ambitious candidate to fill the role of a Controller. The leadership position is responsible for an accounting and clerical department. As the Controller, you will be planning and directing all accounting operational functions, handling the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluating accounting and internal control systems, and leading departmental staff. This company provides competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and strong opportunity for career growth. We are seeking someone who will motivate others by maintaining a positive professional attitude; is honest, reliable and a leader; and will offer remarkable client services, managing self and others with a sense of urgency, practicality and accountability. You will also be responsible for key decision making and the ability to challenge, negotiate and influence the team. As a leader, you will encourage innovative ideas that are sound and progressive, challenge the status quo, and support creativity in your area of responsibility.
- Assess, execute and improve policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Advance Finance Department initiatives, such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as needed, with research, planning and implementation
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor on a monthly basis
- Complete month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, reconcile accounts, and handle G/L analysis
- Prepare cash-flow reports that project cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, and handle daily cash management
- Drive the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques to ensure the timely cash collection
- Analyze deliverables of self and team to confirm they meet client expectations
- Lead the operations of the finance department which includes accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Able to perform additional tasks beyond formal job duties
- Present executive committee and partners with monthly financial reports
- Work closely with executive team and partners to ensure efficient and successful firm-wide operation
- Excellent verbal, written, and social skills
- Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to exercise good judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Skilled in the construction and delivery of effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- Excellent technology, analytics and management experience required
- CPA or MBA preferred
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Command of budget forecasting
- Microsoft Excel experience desired
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Accounting experience in publicly-traded company a plus
If interested in this Controller position, please forward your resume in WORD format to Bryan Calhoun – firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the company
Unrivaled Industry Insight. Sophisticated Matching Technology.
And a Personalized Approach.
It’s Why We’re #1.