- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- NOB HILL, SAN FRANCISCO, CA, UNITED STATES
At Fairmont, our engaging service and delicious cuisine make every special event a truly memorable affair, both within our distinctive surroundings and off-site. Your vision and leadership as Coordinator – Catering, Conference Services &/or Events will ensure an engaged team, efficient operations – and service that exceed the expectations of every client.
Hotel Overview:Since 1907, The Fairmont has served as the SanFrancisco residence for U.S. presidents, world leaders and entertainment stars.The landmark hotel offers 606 well-appointed guest rooms and suites,three distinctive restaurants, a health club and easy access to the city’s mostpopular attractions.Fairmont San Francisco is located atop Nob Hill at950 Mason Street.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Convention Services, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Act as departmental liaison with customers, in absence of Manager/Director.
- Effectively respond to general inquiries and direct/handle them appropriately.
- General Document production and distribution; to include but not limited to – contracts, amenity requests, turnover letters, BEO’s, pre-convention booklets, group resumes, daily event boards, etc.
- General activities; to include but not limited to – process deposit checks, faxing and retrieving of departmental documents, mailing outbound materials, checking inbound mailboxes, monitor VIPs, ensure cut off dates, create booking files, lobby board postings, daily signage, meeting agendas/minutes, purchase orders, etc.
- Organize catering and/or convention booking files from date of departure, and maintain accurate activities within files consistently.
- Obtain/confirm event-related information (to include, but not limited to – meeting specifications, audio visual, rooming lists, technical needs, exhibit needs, food and beverage requirements, etc) with client, organize/distribute group resumes, conference agendas, event orders, floorplans, etc to all operating partners accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Handle internal events efficiently, to allow for revenue generation maximization while still addressing internal needs.
- Conduct any/all site inspections as required. Able to handle ‘walk-in’ inquiries.
- Attend necessary meetings within hotel that effect/are effected by the Catering, Conference Services &/or Events department.
- Establish and maintain rapport with clients, prior to, during and post conference, exceeding their expectations and encouraging repeat business.
- Additional responsibilities, as outlined by Director, Assistant Director or Manager.
- Previous experience within luxury market, in similar or related role, preferred.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and relevant computer applications required (Micros Opera S&C, and Meeting Matrix preferred).
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required.
- Strong leadership, excellent interpersonal skills, and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible, reliable and ethical. A reputation for honesty and integrity.
- Ability to multi-task and take direction from multiple sources; while still prioritizing and maintaining control over workload.
- Team player who is results oriented and highly motivated self-starter.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Ability to work days, nights and weekend; when necessary.
Physical Aspects (include but are not limited to):
- Seated computer work
- Occasional lifting up to 25lbs
Visa Requirements: Must be able to provide proof of eligibilty to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is where occasions are celebrated and history is made. Landmark hotels with unrivalled presence, authentic experiences and unforgettable moments have attracted visitors to Fairmont and its destinations since 1907. The Plaza in New York City, The Savoy in London, Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont Banff Springs and Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai are but a few of these iconic luxury hotels, forever linked to the special places where they reside. Famous for its engaging service, grand public spaces, locally inspired cuisine and celebrated bars and lounges, Fairmont promises a special brand of thoughtful luxury that will be remembered long after any visit. With a worldwide portfolio of more than 75 hotels, Fairmont also takes great pride in its deep community roots and leadership in sustainability. Fairmont is part of AccorHotels, a world-leading travel and lifestyle group which invites travelers to feel welcome at more than 4,600 hotels, resorts and residences, along with some 10,000 of the finest private homes around the globe
Fairmont is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Feel free to visit our website at www.fairmont.com to find out more about our company.