- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Posting Number2020106Posting/Functional TitleCoord, Events & PublicationUniversity Pay Plan TitleCoord, Events & PublicationLocationSan MarcosDepartmentStudent CenterRecruitment TypeOpen to AllJob TypeFull-TimeMonthly Salary$2,700Job Category Non-ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.1. Experience in planning and coordinating large events and meetings.
2. Attention to detail and ability to proofread for correctness and completeness of data.
3. Proven record of building relationships and assisting customers.
4. Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
5. Ability to work within a team environment.
6. Supervisory experience.
7. Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment under pressure of deadlines.
8. Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
9. Knowledge of accounting principles and account reconciliation practices.
10. Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Preferred Qualifications-Bachelor’s Degree
-Experience using scheduling software
-Experience working in a higher education environment
Job DescriptionResponsible for managing reservation requests of student center facilities.
Job Duties•Utilize Event Management software (EMS) to manage reservations and business processes.
•Meets/communicates with individuals and groups including registered student organizations, departments and non-university clients to plan event logistics and review LBJSC policies and procedures.
•Provide excellent customer service to students and staff/faculty to help facilitate events and meetings in the LBJ Student Center.
•Coordinates event intake process for student organization reservation requests with Student Involvement.
•Communicates event logistics effectively to internal areas including, set-up crew, building managers, and building operations.
•Compile and prepare comprehensive reports and statistics for past events and services to support Director’s Office, supervisors, Auxiliary Services, and clients as requested with forecasting/historical data.
•Reviews daily building report for no-shows, incidents and other items needing follow-up and communicates with involved parties as needed.
•Hire, train, supervise and evaluate student employees in coordination with Coordinator of Student Center Services.
•Review and generate invoices for events and catering (Chartwells) in EMS for student organization and department events. Process IDT in SAP Business client. Enter received payments in EMS.
•Take payments for student organization and non-university events.
•Produce and monitor ageing reports in EMS indicating unpaid invoices. Follow-up with clients with unpaid balances.
•Purchasing/supplies: Monitors office supply inventory and orders supplies as needed. Oversees department P-Card and the documentation required for monthly reconciliation.
•Answer phone calls, screen or transfer calls; take messages, consult with other offices as appropriate. Provide in-person customer service at front reception desk in conference services.
Additional Information to ApplicantsJob Open Date11/06/2019Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight)11/20/2019Open Until FilledNoNormal Work DaysMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start8:00AMNormal Work Hours End5:00PMPosting NoticesYOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION. Legal and Required NoticesTexas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State? • Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Quick Linkhttp://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/29455Applicant DocumentRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Supplemental QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).