- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Walt Disney Company’s Corporate Legal Department is seeking a Copyright Coordinator to join the Copyright Division of the Intellectual Property Group. The Copyright Division maintains and administers the copyright registrations for The Walt Disney Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates and actively assists with anti-piracy, litigation and trademark matters world-wide.
This role is initially based in Century City and will transfer to Burbank, CA in the Spring of 2020.
- The Copyright Coordinator will assist paralegals in preparing, obtaining and organizing materials for copyright registration purposes. This includes but is not limited to: 1) Communicating with internal segments of the organization and with 3rd party vendors; 2) identifying, downloading & transferring of digital media from internal and 3rd party delivery systems & databases; and 3) researching and gather information and documentation for special projects.
- Additional responsibilities include: 4) Filing and archiving of physical & digital files; 5) Maintaining data & records in the Copyright Database and Document Management System; and 6) General administrative duties including mailing, shipping and light phones.
Basic Qualifications :
- 2 years of legal or library science experience
- Excellent writing & oral communication skills.
- Strong research & analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize and pay attention to detail.
- Proficient at Excel & Word
- Strong follow-up and follow-through skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple demands
- Ability to recognize and eliminate inefficiencies
- Accepts and promotes continuous improvement
- Must have the ability to work well with others
- Promotes a team spirit of common effort and results
- 2 years legal experience in intellectual property or library science experience
- Spanish or Portuguese not required, but is a plus
- Disney Company experience preferred
Required Education :
- Bachelor’s degree
Preferred Education :
- Paralegal Certificate
About the company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Specialties: Entertainment, Media, Movies, Resorts, Live Entertainment, Studios, Broadcasting, Theme Parks, Television.