- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Core Java Developer - 90187704
Primary Location:US-US-New Jersey-Whippany
Posting Range:14 Jun 2018 - Ongoing
Core Java Devloper
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
About Municipal IT
The Municipal (Muni) Information Technology group provides state-of-the-art technology solutions to support trade capture, workflow management, electronic trading and risk reporting activities of the Muni Trading business and their support groups, namely Trading Desk, Sales, Product Control, Middle Office and Global Fixed Income Risk Management.
Overall Purpose of role
Develop test automation suite for front end .NET / browser based applications and back end – java server apps and FIX electronic trading sessions.
Your Role (Key Accountabilities)
• Design and implementation of trade workflow management and STP real-time systems based on Spring to meet scalability and performance
• Design and implementation of web-based and Java-based portals, leveraging React, Angular, Spring framework
• Propose new architectural concepts, design and performance optimizations useful for both implementation as well as large-scale integration testing
• Collaborate with global team to revamp existing architectures to meet continually revised firm-wide IT risk/control and regulatory mandates
• Actively participate and contribute to ongoing team discussion about code reuse and technical specifications
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or similar; or equivalent years work experience.
• 4+ years of experience using core java, OO design concepts and multi threading.
• 2+ years of experience with database design (preferably Oracle), or SQL.
• 3+ years of professional experience working on Unix/Linux
• 2+ years of experience with Maven and Spring.
• 2+ years of working with enterprise messaging (e.g. Tibco, JMS, MQ, Solace).
• 3+ years of HTTP protocol and web services experience
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience working within the Financial Sector.
• Experience with version control system (preferably git ).
• Experience with FIX, ECN protocol
• Knowledge of Market Structure across various asset classes in fixed income.
• Proven experience as a team player.
• Skills in interfacing with teams of developers, solid familiarity with major SDLC approaches (Agile, Lean Family)
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects
• Must have “hands on attitude” and problem solving ability; attention to detail and excellent analytical skills, proactive, able to act on initiative, efficiently
• Delivering solutions within a DevOps environment with a relentless focus on automation of testing and deployment using TeamCity or Jenkins
• Proactive test driven development and improve the test coverage and automation of unit and integration test along with the extended testing teams.
• Building relationships and trust with Front Office and Middle Office teams, as well as other technology teams
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.