- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
CM - Communications
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Corporate Citizenship Specialist to join our team in NYC. You will support AIG's entire Corporate Citizenship team, strategy and programs. A successful individual will be highly collaborative and enjoy working with multiple stakeholders across the company, including Communications and business unit colleagues, board of director services, local AIG community leaders, HR, nonprofit partners and others.
What you'll be doing:
- Draft and manage distribution of relevant internal and external content, as well as provide content for digital/social media team to be used in multiple outlets
- Work with internal stakeholders and non-profit organizations to draft and amplify communications about AIG's support for funded projects and/or employee engagement relationships
- Assist with development of internally and externally created videos featuring Citizenship initiatives, partners and employee volunteers
- Support our Volunteer Manager to develop resources to promote employee engagement
- Research and apply for award/recognition opportunities
- Conduct research on citizenship project opportunities, including benchmarking and best practices, as needed
- Draft reports, including the annual Citizenship report/update, and presentations for the Board of Directors, the Executive Leadership Team, operating companies and prepare other decks as needed
- Draft, review, and/or edit policies, procedures, toolkits, FAQ documents, guidelines and additional frameworks
- Complete surveys as requested by nonprofit and industry partners
- Respond to internal and external inquiries (written/phone) regarding charitable contributions and volunteer events, providing full customer service support in response to inquiries from AIG employees, external nonprofit/nongovernmental organizations and vendors
- Coordinate and represent AIG at volunteer events with nonprofit organizations in support of AIG’s reputation and valuation
- Represent company at community events, professional associations, and corporate functions, when appropriate
- Support AIG's Executive Leadership Team and Head of Corporate Citizenship on philanthropic events including fundraising, event management, AIG attendees, and project closure communications
Operations and Administration
- Provide status updates, summaries and consolidation of data regarding programmatic partnerships
- Assist with annual budgeting process to obtain global plans for charitable contributions from AIG representatives across business lines
- Submit charitable contribution requests on behalf of the Citizenship team
- Provide support for the management of AIG’s employee volunteer/giving portal ‘YourCause’
- Conduct research in support of disaster preparedness and following natural and man-made disasters that may require a response from AIG. Work with business bureaus, organizations, governmental representatives and employees to develop and implement recommendations for short and long term responses, as appropriate.
- Other Corporate Citizenship duties as needed
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- 3+ years of experience working in a corporate or non-profit organization with a focus on corporate citizenship initiatives or special events
- Experience with Citizenship giving systems – managing third party vendors and back office data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written, including digital)
- Strong project management skills, ability to manage several complex projects at once
- Excellent analytical, data visualization and critical thinking skills
- Ability to inspire, engage, and work with stakeholders at all levels across multiple business units
- High comfort level with supporting and interacting with senior management
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced setting which blends both corporate and non-profit cultures
- Ability to work independently and as a highly collaborative and effective team member
- Attention to detail, consistent and accurate follow-through on projects
- Ability to manage and/or attend community events which may take place during the evenings or on weekends
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
- customer service
- ms project
About the company
American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries. AIG companies employ over 64,000 people in 90 countries. The company operates through three businesses: AIG Property Casualty, AIG Life and Retirement and United Guaranty Corporation (UGC). AIG Property Casualty provides insurance products for commercial, institutional and individual customers.