- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
JPMorgan Chase & Co . is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.9 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries.
It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management.
Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world.
The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds.
For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Wealth Management, part of JPMorgan's Asset & Wealth Management division, provides an exceptional breadth and depth of wealth management solutions including investing, wealth structuring, capital advisory, philanthropy and banking.
Morgan's wealth management solutions are provided through the Private Bank, J.P.
Morgan Securities (JPMS) and Chase Wealth Management (CWM). JPMS offers clients a broad suite of transactional, wealth management and investment advisory services that are delivered through Financial Advisors in branch offices throughout the United States.
AWM Compliance is seeking talented candidates for a Compliance Analyst position with the Wealth Managed Compliance team supporting the JPMS business.
Compliance professionals with both operational and regulatory knowledge and experience in areas related to providing wealth management brokerage and investment advisory services to clients will be expected to strategically partner with the business to ensure that our practices, controls, products and services are in compliance with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations.
Candidates will be expected to liaise with business management, Legal, Risk, Controls Management, Supervisory Management and Audit teams to provide ongoing compliance advice on regulatory matters and compliance risk for both brokerage and RIA services.
A basic knowledge of product categories, and associated sales practice considerations, in which JPMS conducts business, including mutual funds, equities, fixed-income, managed accounts, ETFs, hedge funds, private equity, and structured products are also critically important to the role.
Candidates will be expected to identify and escalate compliance-related risks and help to measure the sufficiency of controls while providing advice on a routine basis to the JPMS business.
- Provide regulatory advice and support to supervisors and registered representatives in branch offices for JPMS.
- Draft Compliance Policies and Compliance Bulletins to effectively communicate regulatory requirements/standards to JPMS business teams.
- Coordinate compliance with SEC Access Person requirements, including RIA Code of Ethics certifications and review of personal investment holdings.
- Effectively partnering with business partners, legal, risk and operational partners to understand operational and regulatory risks in a complex environment.
- Assist Regional Compliance Officers in the review, tracking and reporting of escalations from Compliance support functions, such as Surveillance and Branch Exams.
- Assist in proactively evaluating controls maintained by a dual broker-dealer and RIA and executing on opportunities for enhancements.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and anticipate areas of focus and attention of regulators.
- 1-3 years previous experience in financial services or related industry, preferably in a Compliance, Risk, Supervisory, Regulatory or Audit role
- Education-bachelor's degree or higher
- Series 7 (FINRA SIE) and Series 63/65 or 66 preferred
- Proficient knowledge of regulatory requirements and operations supporting broker-dealer and investment advisers
- Product knowledge
- investment product sales process and product knowledge preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills; ability to liaise with all levels of management and to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong writing and editing skills.
Ability to translate regulatory and control requirements to an effective communication format for front office policies and compliance bulletins.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Pro-active, motivated and enthusiastic
- Proficiencies-solid competency in Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel