- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- RTP, NORTH CAROLINA, US
What You'll Do
You will be part of a fast-moving, highly impactful, Offer Enablement (OE) legal team. Entrepreneurial by nature, you will have an immediate impact with your analytic rigor, business judgment, and ability to get things done. You will be a solutions-driven and talented attorney with SaaS experience.
• As a member of the Offer Enablement Team, you will own and drive collaborative projects aimed at improving and transforming how Cisco brings its offers and buying programs to market
• Manage the drafting and negotiation positions for a wide range of contracts for revenue transactions, namely, cloud agreements, software licenses and buying program terms, including enterprise agreement, managed service agreements, volume purchase agreements
• Drive processes and materials to help Legal scale for growth and reduce contract cycle time, and partner with other Legal team members and other business functions to drive business objectives
• Build strong internal and external relationships while balancing the needs in Cisco’s engineering and sales strategy and priorities
• Provide continuous improvement of standard form agreements, playbooks, contract templates, and legal and operational processes
• Effectively advise, educate and train on and assist in the enforcement of Cisco’s offer policies processes
Who You'll Work With
You will work with an energetic and innovative team of attorneys, and provide support to the Offer Enablement team. Cisco's legal team is leading the industry, working at an accelerated pace to always produce best in class solutions.
Who You Are
You are a solutions-driven and talented attorney with software licensing experience to join our exciting team as Corporate Counsel. You have a sharp business focus, and is proactive, decisive, and highly collaborative. You also have excellent interpersonal, communication and drafting skills and the ability to synthesize complex issues and influence and lead across functions.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
* 4+ years of relevant legal, in-house and law firm experience
* Ability to quickly absorb, evaluate and respond to new and novel issues and the to craft creative solutions
* Strong project management skills and the ability to self-start, lead projects, prioritize and manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
* Experience working across multiple internal business organizations
* Ability to understand complex contractual issues, assess risk, and provide concise, plain English, business-focused legal documentation/processes and advice
* Extensive background in software licensing/SaaS, commercial transactions, drafting agreements, and intellectual property
* Strong influencing and leadership skills
*Willingness to collaborate, share knowledge and execute proactively
* JD with strong academic record required. Bar admission in good standing.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.