- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Responsibilities include data collection, analysis, and collaborative improvements to unit part performance in cost reduction of raw materials, spare parts, repairs & maintenance, and other projects in the field of supply chain, cost, and resource efficiency. The position will require an extensive amount of time working directly with and supporting the engineering team functions. The role will include membership on teams that involve Cost Per Move (CPM) reduction, supply chain (SCM), and other related projects/task force teams. Expectation is to have proficiency in project management, forecasting, repair loops, second sourcing, inventory management, department budgets, or other related systems or business functions that impact cost.
• Study opportunities and drive implementation with the unit parts, including 2nd source qual, lifetime extension, usage reduction, repair loops, price negotiations, etc.
• Support departments include Finance, unit parts, and S1 counterparts.
• Project management, cost reporting, and status updates.
• S1 ↔ S2 cost comparison and collaboration on analysis and improvement projects.
• Support improvements to modeling and forecasting performance of expenses.
• Lead or participate in Lean Macro project within assigned department when opportunities present themselves.
• Work directly with Engineering teams and other support teams within the organization.
• Communicate the results of analysis, drive improvements and share with peers, managers, and executives.
Necessary Skills / Attributes
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical discipline required.
• At least 3 years of experience in an engineering or related role
• Strong computer and analysis skill: Excel, VBA, SQL, Powerpoint required, Spotfire preferred
• Excellent written, verbal, Excel, and PowerPoint skills are required
• Strong organizational skills are needed as well as being creative and improvement minded.
• Ability to turn their cost and supply chain analysis into projects and measurable results.
• Determination and a pro-active mindset are a huge asset to this position.
• Knowledge of basic statistical analysis.
• Experience in a production environment a benefit.
• Supply chain & resource efficiency knowledge a benefit.
• Cross functional team leadership ability.
• Ability to balance multiple tasks and prioritize work.
• Flexible and team oriented.
• Proactive self-driven project management.
Samsung Austin Semiconductor (SAS) is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the United States. SAS produces digital LSI logic components for tablets, smart phones, and other mobile devices. In August, 2012, SAS invested $4 billion to accommodate full System LSI production, bringing our total investment in Austin to more than $17 billion. With 2400 employees and 2.3M square feet of space, SAS is producing a full range of design rule devices. Since 1997, SAS has been at the forefront of manufacturing technology, enabling the world's digital devices to operate at their highest performance.
About the company
Samsung Electronics is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, network systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. Samsung is also leading in the Internet of Things space through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives.
Since being established in 1969, Samsung Electronics has grown into one of the world’s leading technology companies, with annual sales of USD 196 billion (KRW 206.2 trillion), and become recognized as one of the top 10 global brands. Our network now extends across the world, and Samsung takes great pride in the creativity and diversity of its talented people, who drive our growth. Today, this global network includes 319,000 people across 84 countries.
To discover more, please visit our official website at www.samsung.com and our official blog at global.samsungtomorrow.com.
Specialties: Technologies, Televisions, Smartphones, Tablets, Blu-ray Players, Home Entertainment Systems, Laptops and Netbooks, Home Appliances, Medical Devices, Semiconductor, LED.