- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Oshkosh Access is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks and truck bodies and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
As a Cost Manager for JLG, you will be the primary resource for JLG cost management initiatives within the Engineering department. You will be responsible for building a robust cost awareness culture on cost drivers and cost impact throughout the Engineering team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership and guidance to both direct and indirect team members on the development of new processes and procedures to optimize and simplify product cost.
- Develop best in class methods for cost estimation by aligning models with supplier capabilities.
- Manage resources to complete should costing for New Product Development, Cost Management, Sustainment Engineering, and additional Engineering departments.
- Own and manage a should cost database for cost predictions and cost ideas through the means of should/common cost estimates on all major commodities.
- Enhance the part classification systems to encourage reuse and to leverage should cost analytics.
- Maintain tools and virtual production environments with the design community.
- Meet with Suppliers to understand capabilities and processes.
- Curate cost management database with GPSC.
- Maintain and expand should costing models for a variety of commodities.
- Develop cost sensitivities between product models/options to aid in market basket analysis.
- Lead cross functional VAVE events to identify potential, actionable changes to design, material selection, etc. that lead to cost improvements through the engineering process.
- Participate in design reviews, coordinate with supply chains, manufacturing and report out project status.
- Establish consistent cost reporting methodologies across all product platforms.
- Willingness to engage with industry experts and colleagues throughout the Oshkosh family.
- Establishes priorities for work delegated to others.
- Provide management/leadership to technical staff including resource planning, scheduling, and administration to ensure program success.
- Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations.
- Adhere to time schedules.
- Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is consistent with the Oshkosh Way. Conduct duties consistent with the Company’s mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- BS degree in Finance or Engineering
- 5 or more years related experience
- Experience with analyzing and documenting business and system processes
- Be a self motivated individual whom can work well in both teams and independently.
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Willingness to obtain SAVE Certification
- Demonstrated experience in value engineering
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Strong mechanical/electrical knowledge of vehicles and related systems Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
About the company